Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
I've been in a couple sessions. They've been pretty good for me, but I'm not sure everyone had the same experience. The MC is doing a really good job of selling the setting and the context, how lovely and scary the PCs situation is, bringing up lots of pressures, etc. He's got a lot of experience running PbtA games, to be fair, but the game is doing good work on making the bombing runs feel brutally (and appropriately) hard if you don't build up your mission pool or other advantages during the day.

I decided to be the person to take the highest rank, which meant I was the one deciding who was in what plane, who did attack runs, etc. This meant I had a lot of control over who would get to shine and who would not, so I was experiencing the game on a different level than some of the other players who didn't get as much spotlight (despite my efforts). We are definitely playing with just about too many players at 5 PCs, so I think some folks aren't getting as many scenes as they'd like, and you kinda need those scenes to survive the night missions.

Overall, super-good, but 4 PCs is the max I would go.

Also, Red Army Choir on Pandora/Youtube Playlists is a must.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU