Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Speaking of poor AW hacks, I slapped together an Eclipse Phase hack a few months back. It's not a whole hack, just an overlay that adds a few supplemental moves to the basic AW play. I showed it around a little when I made it, and the opinion I got back was that the fictions of the two games are mildly incompatible. I believe the gist of it was that AW is about scarcity and people's reactions to it, and EP takes place in a post-scarcity world. I don't entirely agree, but I can understand the logic, and admittedly it doesn't work for certain stories within the EP setting.

But still, here it is, for whatever good it might do someone to have a move about psychiatric help. I am proud of the "see some seriously hosed-up poo poo" move, though (Even if the 'can't be unseen' meme makes me cringe).

---

Harm rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B732nw9Uiqy8ZXlLdDhwRjcwMjQ/edit?usp=sharing

When you create a character, take a move from another playbook. This is your morph move. Either be logical about what kind of abilities you could get from a morph, or be ready to defend your choice to the MC.

When you restore from backup or resleeve, roll+weird. You can also choose a new move from another playbook, replacing the previous morph move.
On a 10+, you're dandy. On a 7-9 choose one, on a miss take both:
-You go a little crazier. Take -1 forward to your next mental or social action.
-The morph doesn't fit. Take -1 forward to your next physical action.
Your MC will tell you if there are any other consequences.

When you see some seriously hosed-up poo poo, roll+weird.
On a 12+, you're mostly okay.
On 10-11, pick one from pain in the Harm rules.
On 7-9, pick 1 from pain and take -1 ongoing until you can get some kind of help.
On a miss, it can't be unseen. The MC will pick two from pain and tell you what else happens.

When you take time to fiddle with someone's head without being a Brainer, roll+Hx if it's a PC or roll+Sharp if it's an NPC.
On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7-9, choose 1:
-You fix something wrong with them
-They take +1 forward
-You both mark experience
-You gain 1 Hx with them
-They gain 1 HX with you
On a miss, you inflict 1-harm (ap) upon your subject, to no benefit.
A Brainer can still do this move, but they have other means of messing with heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Is there any AW hack that does "Settlers in a new land" well? Fantasy, historical, or sci-fi, doesn't entirely matter (Although my thought was originally sci-fi). Just, like, you have among the playbooks merchants and administrators, but there's still a need for explorers and fighters as well. Basic AW will work, but if there's something with a better fit, I'd be interested in knowing.