Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I think it really values Implant as a tag, more than it probably should, and you can’t really take many augmentations at the start, which sucks for what is set up as a heavily enhanced murder cyborg. That and it’s basically just a Fighter playbook with a couple cooler options. At the very least I’d make the weapon a custom combat upgrade over a battlebabe copy paste.

I think the reason to play the killer is to have busted numbers from the gate. You can take a crazy custom sword, Milspec and cyberarms and be a small gang with 6 harm and 2 armour, which should be enough to ruin basically anything in your way until the gm turns the game into an action movie and starts throwing choppers at you, because the game mechanics were designed for mad max with pvp and social manipulation rules.

This is kinda why im a little cold on the sprawl.

Mission and Corp clocks are cool ideas, but on the player side it feels a little...dungeon world-y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I've been pondering what would make a good cyberpunk/Shadowrun hack and gear has been a big concern for me. Bringing back elaborate gear tables would be wrong, but fetishizing the technology seems like part of the experience. Core texts like Neuromancer and Hardwired are so chock full of brand name gear and weapons that I can't see replacing them with generics. In my scratchpad, I've thought of making the brand name be part of the move, so you can't just say "I trigger my cybered-up nerves and steal the guard's gun," it has to be, "I trigger my Santoshi reflex booster and...".

No idea when it will be finished, but ive been working on a shadowrun expansion for AW2E (not a hack, its literally meant to just add on to normal AW)

The way I went around that problem is giving everyone access to a (altered and expanded) version of the battlebabe custom weapon.

Rather than page after page of slightly different ways to kill people, you define your own. It keeps with the cyberpunk theme of "your gear and brands matter" and at the same time acts as another axis by which your character is unique and cool in the world, which pbta is absolutely about.

Take Neuromancer's Molly, her choice of a flechette pistol says something about her as much as the cyber eyes and finger razors do, maybe it doesnt say AS MUCH, but it says something.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Halloween Jack posted:

Has anyone converted AW over to work with the Fallen Empires rules for weapons, where everything defaults to 2-harm unless it's in its preferred range, where it does 3-harm? It pretty much fixes the issues I have with weapons in AW, especially for the slight hack of it I want to do.

The new version of fallen empires did away with that.

I miss it too.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

paradoxGentleman posted:

Wait, what was the problem with that?

I don't know if it was a problem so much as vince wanted to try something else.

The current rules have every weapon doing x harm again, and a system of advantage and disadvantage that gives you +1/-1 depending on circumstance. And the battle moves allow you to withdraw if you end up outmatched.