Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Covok posted:

What's the gooncenus on Uncharted Worlds? Is there any preview material out?

If you're in my Urban Shadows game, don't read this: This session one of my players told a half truth to the rest of the party about the importance of a heist. He made a normal, routine weapon test out to be something much, much worse to make money off stealing some materials from it. Now, due to a mistake between me and this player, half the party didn't realize he was telling a half truth. We thought they knew that was the case and were just acting in character. They were not. This lead to some confusion and annoyance at the end of the session. This has been resolved, but the player thinks this might be an interesting avenue to explore in the future since some people might not follow him if they know the whole truth, but is rightfully worried it might annoy the rest of the party. To be clear, this time WAS AN ACCIDENT, but he wonders if it would be a good idea for the future. What do you guys think? We're both iffy on the idea since we feel out-of-character misinformation is rude, but we're both curious what other people think.

I don't know if you want this spoilered or whatever but I'm a firm believer that everyone should know everything OOC. Characters hiding info from characters is fine, but players shouldn't hide info from players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU