Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
If you're looking to make your own AW game, I'd suggest reading through Simple world, found here: http://buriedwithoutceremony.com/simple-world/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

thefakenews posted:

I don't know if I should post this here, or in the old Dungeon World thread, but anyways.

Leaving aside anything from Awful Good Games (because I don't want to give that guy my money), what third party playbooks for Dungeon World are worth getting?

Most of Jacob Randolph's stuff is pretty good, although his base Mage 2.0 class can be a little overpowered. I believe there is a variant which fixes the main issue with the class, however. Otherwise, his stuff is generally good.

Pick up Johnston's' classes, they come for free in a red pdf.

The Warlock by Sean Fager is a fun class, even if it is an oldy, as is the initiate.

If you can find the hack-n-slasher by Nygren and Kennedy (produced in Grim World), it's a pretty fun class with lots of room for interpretation.

The fool is amazing.

I can't cite sources for the rest, but that should do for now.

A bit of a mage heavy selection, but what can ya do.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

So I'm working on a hack and I was wondering if there was any written guides somewhere which help with writing an agenda? I have most of the mechanics planned out, but the agenda I'm finding is the hardest thing to write. I have the basics down like "make sure everyone (including yourself) has fun", "explore these themes", so on and so forth, but I was hoping for some solid advice on how to optimize and make my GM's agenda better.