Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

I think the problem here is that "dropping a brand name on a piece of gear to explain why it's badass" really only works one time for any given piece of gear, after which everyone at the table is probably going to be like "yeah yeah, we get it, your Arisaka gun is badass for the 50th loving time."

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I mean, people don't actually go around calling things by their brand name every time they use them. Giving people a better combat move that only unlocks when they use their gear's full product name just means people are going to talk like they're in a bad commercial.
What about a move that accumulates hold when you reference the name & brand of a piece of gear? If you dole out enough hold and maybe bake in a limitation on how much you can use at one time, that should alleviate the repetitive nature of mentioning whose tech you're sporting.

If that's too complicated or strays too far from conventions about hold, you could have a peripheral move that triggers when you first mention the brand name of one of your pieces of equipment, adding a few tags or advanced tags from a select list. Although a move like that might not necessarily fit a game where equipment is already assumed to be fully tailored in terms of the mechanics when it is first acquired, so maybe it would only trigger on gear that hasn't already been branded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Neopie posted:

I heard Vincent Baker is working on a semi pbta romance and giant robots hack? Anyone know about that?

Apparently you can get it at PAX East this weekend. So if anyone's there and interested, they might be able to get some more info.

https://twitter.com/lumpleygames/status/723174553430581249
It appears to take place in the Solar Calendar setting shared with the other Mobile Frame games. I'm told it was developed as part of Baker's Patreon; there should be a preview available there for patrons.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
It's Forged in the Dark instead of Powered by the Apocalypse and isn't released yet, but there's Girl by Moonlight, which might be worth checking out.