Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe
Uncharted Worlds is pretty much that, maybe more Firefly than space opera (I'm not really clear on the definitions). It recently had a successful kickstarter, and we backers have gotten most of the rules as pre-layout previews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

I added in City of Judas and a section titled "Titles Inspired By Powered By The Apocalypse" for Blades In The Dark and Undying. Anything else I should add to the OP?
Dream Askew! That's "Inspired by" as well.

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

Fun Shoe
I know I've seen instructions to find this "gonzo" channel before, but I'm notoriously bad with the irc lingo. Is it any active, and if so, could we get an easy link in the OP?

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'd like to bring back Fallen Empires form last page. It's really dope for what it is. I mean, compared to the extensive game-building that was Dark Ages it's pretty much a new paint job, but... My group has been saying for ages that "you know what, you could pretty much re-skin the core playbooks to fantasy and it'd all work out". And now Vincent has done the work so we don't have to, he's done a really good job of it, and we're having a blast playing it right now! (Or, we've played two sessions and I'm off to the third in like a few minutes.)

I second that the horse-riding moves look nice, even though we haven't had a chance to use them. I also really like how the Nightshade (Skinner) and Mystic (Savvyhead) turned out. For example, An arresting skinner is called Radiant passion, and triggers from "making a show and display of passion" rather than taking clothes off. And the Mystic's ceremonial space (with choices such as a mooncatching pool, a garden of herbs, captive birds, and a labyrinth) works great. Instead of "building something or getting to the bottom of some poo poo", it is used to "find out the truth about sth, transform sth, or imbue sth with magic".

The harm system is also great. The harm countdown is the same, but the way weapon tags are used to find out how much damage you do in different situations and at different ranges is great. Vincent has said it's not going to be ported back into AW2e, but I'm seriously thinking of doing so on my own because I really like it.

All in all, I can see how you'd find it underwhelming, but it's really solid, and I recommend people check it out if you can afford the 1$ per thing patreon pledge.

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm really excited about an announcement I got to make yesterday! Apocalypse World is getting an official Swedish translation, and I'm the translator! I sort of stumbled into the position -- I was originally contacted to be a general consultant on how the game works, so nothing important was lost, but then I asked if maybe I could help, and ended up getting the whole gig.

We're looking for proofreaders now, if you happen to know Swedish but don't already frequent https://www.rollspel.nu: http://www.rollspel.nu/forum/specifika-rollspelsforum/skepnad-studios/216661-apocalypse-world-%96-underg%E5ngen-kom

I'm hype!