Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Evil Mastermind posted:

There's The World Of Our Desires, but I don't know how good it is (someone at the end of the thread says it ran pretty well).

e: oh hey new page.

I actually tried running this for a few sessions. I felt that it still needs a lot of work. I actually thought separating out different kinds of psychological damage as your playbooks and then making magickal moves optional within them was pretty clever. I think my main issue is with the basic moves that they went with. I don't think anyone ever rolled to Dig Through Their Stuff. And Lash Out has a weird mix of success states. Like if I'm shooting someone why would I care if they understand what's upsetting me?

It finally clicked for me when I realized the game is a mutation of Monsterhearts and not a direct AW hack. That explained the fairly lightweight playbooks and lack of MC guidance. I did very much enjoy letting the PCs' chosen obsessions guide the type of antagonists we came up with. It was fun to kind of work backwards from the characters to our own UA-inspired setting instead of just reading it out of the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Covok posted:

I wonder how that will turn out. DW: 2nd Edition, perhaps?

On that subject matter, AW: Fallen Empire feels a lot like the AW: 2nd Edition preview from before with changes to make it a fantasy game. There might be too many, non-playbook moves.

Fallen Empires is literally just a sword and sorcery rewrite of the base AW playbooks and moves. Most of them didn't change much mechanically but the Angel becoming the Bonepicker is pretty dope.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Covok posted:

I can see this causing some controversy alongside the quarantine becoming core as it does define a bit of the apocalypse for you.

It's called out in the Quarantine playbook that if it's not in play, then what it says about the setting is not true. I'd say the same should apply to the Waterbearer. But that's what I like about them. If someone in my game grabs Waterbearer, then I know they want THE source of clean drinking water (why would you choose another option, that's the best one). Same with Quarantine, that guy wants answers about the Apocalypse itself.

I've had a player take Savvyhead and make the water purification for the cruiseliner everyone lived on be part of his workshop. It's a very fun dynamic. Worth noting is that by default the Waterbearer has no way to enforce his monopoly on water besides closing off access. You don't have a gang unless you take an advance. I like what that says about your relationships with other people.