Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

$4k for one of those cars is insane. It's a 25 year old clapped out tuner car. DSMers are a unique breed, though. They may one day grow out of it and move on to something more modern, or have 20 DSMs in their backyard.

You sound like the latter type. :) I'd pass on that car and find something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

MikeyTsi posted:

Only 3000 made it to the US, and a good portion of those have been destroyed. And they're a bit more than just a clapped-out tuner car.

It's like complaining that a '64 Mustang is a clapped-out muscle car.

As a former dsm owner, I'm well aware. Just because it's rare doesn't make something desirable in my eyes. It's nothing special by today's standards.

That said, go nuts, it's your money. I'm just another rear end in a top hat on the internet with an opinion. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

What? How?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Saturns (at least the early ones with the 1.9L) burn a ton of oil, just keep a case in your trunk.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I saw a 98 TSI AWD on CL and I thought for about 2 seconds about it. Then decided it was a horrible idea. I loved my 92 but all I did was work on it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Always pissed me off trying to search for DSM parts on ebay and coming up with that manual back in the 2000's.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Trying to sell the DSM and finally kill off this thread?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

STR posted:

And just drill the screw out. It's only there to hold the rotor in place when the car is being assembled, it serves absolutely no purpose afterwards.

I've heard people online say you get balance issues potentially (though no other manufacturer seems to without them...) but I can't see how that would happen with the lugs tightening it down to the hub when the wheels go on. I just put on stainless ones with a shitload of anti seize and got the correct (JIS) screwdriver and it seems fine. But not having them would be better. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Probably just bent dust shield contacting the rotor. Take a long screwdriver and push through the wheel all around it and bend it back. Hopefully then you won't even have to take off the wheels.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Did you confirm it wasn't the shields? Put it on stands and rotate the wheels to figure out where it's coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

sharkytm posted:

Therapy good. DSMs... Bad?

Questionable.

Though I still lust for a 97-98 AWD talon.