Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

MikeyTsi posted:

It would be good if someone could look at it; the guy says it's an ABS car with no sunroof, but didn't respond to my request for information about the interior. He also said that he was getting the car checked out to verify if it's in fact the CAS.

Also no real information about rust, which is a concern on a Colorado car. From the pictures it doesn't look like a big problem on the shock towers or the engine bay, but there are some other problem areas to look at.

Rust...on a Colorado car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

MikeyTsi posted:

They salt the roads, do they not?

They use a mixture of sand and/or magnesium chloride depending on where you are in CO and what the conditions are like.

No salt.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007

kastein posted:

mag chloride isn't typically thought of as "salt" by anyone but chemists and maybe people with BP issues, but I think KCl is the usual salt substitute not MgCl2.

However, it's the chlorine atoms that catalyze rusting, so, welp. Magnesium chloride may cause it slower but it should still do the same thing, theoretically. CO's rustfree status probably has more to do with the fact that it's basically a high altitude desert with super low humidity most of the time.

Yeah...whatever this guy just said.