Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
The guy across the street has an AWD turbo Talon. I have lived in this house for almost six years and the car has never run. It just sits in the garage with a car cover and a broken gearbox. He used to work as a dealership tech (does commercial HVAC now), so he knows HOW to fix it, the DSM depression just keeps him from getting it done.

I take a portable jump pack to the junkyard with me. I've seen a number of youtube videos about lithium ion jump packs that are much smaller and lighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

everdave posted:

PBCRUNCH where have you been? I have been awaiting your tales of flipping cars! Did you get rich and retire or something?

I went back to school and haven't had time for car flipping. For a while, the bottom of the used car market was completely screwed up; it is now returning to normal. Maybe I should buy a DSM (they're all broken, right) and flip it. Not a chance.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

This is way too late to help you, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxQk7Pz_vfc&t=205s

Basically, put a pointy tip in your air hammer. Position the tip in the rotor screw so that the tip can dig into the screw material and also turn the screw counter-clockwise a little bit. Carefully squeeze the trigger of the air hammer and marvel as the rotor screw immediately gives up. It has never taken me more than three tries to get this to work and I live in the Midwest.

The rotor screw is trashed, but who cares? Those things are just there to keep the rotors in place as the car moves from the "put rotors on" station to the "put brake calipers on" station. They're too small and too close to the center of the hub to make any difference to the balance.