Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Live updates from The Guardian

The things we know so far:

• Attack on a Seveso-class factory
  • Decapited body was found near the entrance gate.
  • Officially a terror attack!
  • Suspect in custody!
  • Apparently the factory was directly below one of Lyon's Intl Airport flypath!
  • Suspect's name is Yessim Salim or Yassin Salhi according to French media
  • He was arrested by a firefighter (?!)
  • Another attacker was killed by a firefighter (!?)
  • He had no rap sheet, but had been under surveillance for hanging out with the wrong crowd.
  • More people are being arrested.
  • They found flags on the scene.

Just 5 months after the Charlie Hebdo and HyperKosher massacre, France got struck yet again by a terror attack. This time only one dead and two wounded, terrorists are getting worse and worse.

Things to look forward to in the near future: More defacing of mosques, muslim cemetaries. More Racism in general. More "anti-terror" laws.
What a time to be alive!

Pinch Me Im Meming fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Please don't make the kinds of posts that got the Charlie Hebdo thread closed twice!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
But will Hollande use the Katana on Daesh, or on himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb3UobSZl34

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Turns out suspect Yacinne Salhi was residing in Saint-Priest :v:

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
Nuke the middle east already.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

American Conservatives are already on the case!

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Things to look forward to in the near future: More defacing of mosques, muslim cemetaries. More Racism in general. More "anti-terror" laws.
What a time to be alive!

And more muslim/salafist terror ofc.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

And more muslim/salafist terror ofc.

We get one every other year since at least 1995. You can go back to 1982 and earlier for bombings involving muslims but not directly related to Islam. Nothing new under the sun.
But it's true this year is a statistical anomaly at best, a new trend at worst.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
French firefighter are badasses apparently.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
And at the same time, militants have shot up a holiday resort in Tunisia. No idea if the two are linked.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

And at the same time, militants have shot up a holiday resort in Tunisia. No idea if the two are linked.

Well, stands to reason.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

At least 27 dead in the Tunisia attacks, mostly tourists. Add in the Kuwait terrorist attack today and its some sort of banner day for human garbage.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

A Pale Horse posted:

At least 27 dead in the Tunisia attacks, mostly tourists. Add in the Kuwait terrorist attack today and its some sort of banner day for human garbage.

Mostly German and British tourists, according to local sources.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
If we're going to get more armed emergency personnel in response to terrorism, I suppose firefighters chopping terrorists to pieces is preferable to giving the police more guns and poo poo.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Mostly German and British tourists, according to local sources.
When I started to read that, the way you worded the first part made me think you were going to make a joke about it not being a huge loss. I feel kinda bad about that...

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't support the attacks and I think murder is bad, but the gas factory kind of deserved it for their relentless attack on the prophet (pbuh)

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

WitchFetish posted:

I don't support the attacks and I think murder is bad, but the gas factory kind of deserved it for their relentless attack on the prophet (pbuh)

Do you know anything about why they picked it yet, or was it just random?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Disinterested posted:

Do you know anything about why they picked it yet, or was it just random?

Honestly, no loving idea. I mean apparently Air Products had lately been chosen by the Saudi government to build a plant of some sort. But then again they have other plants all over France so why attack this one? Weaker security?
Apparently the wife of one of the main suspects has been arrested. Apparently the neighbors had no idea the couple was involved in anything.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Can we not jump the gun with "hurr muslim terrorists" before all the facts are out? For all we know these attacks were perpetrated by white men upset by Gamergate.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Narciss posted:

Can we not jump the gun with "hurr muslim terrorists" before all the facts are out? For all we know these attacks were perpetrated by white men upset by Gamergate.
If they were white men they wouldn't have been chopped to pieces by firefighters.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

A Buttery Pastry posted:

If they were white men they wouldn't have been chopped to pieces by firefighters.

Are you upset with how an untrained civil serviceman defended himself from a murderous terrorist who was most likely an immediate physical threat, and seriously suggesting it was racially motivated?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You guys realize no firefighters actually killed anyone, right? They saw him, "neutralized" him (which most likely means he was held down under several sexy, muscly and oiled up firefighters in tight clothi... erm) then gave him to the gendarmes.

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 26, 2015

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

quote:

French officials have said the decapitated victim in the factory attack in France was the suspect’s boss.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/jun/26/tunisia-beach-resort-attack-multiple-deaths-live-updates

Yea sure...'Islam' is why you killed your rear end in a top hat boss, and not because you saw Office Space one too many times.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

420 Gank Mid posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/jun/26/tunisia-beach-resort-attack-multiple-deaths-live-updates

Yea sure...'Islam' is why you killed your rear end in a top hat boss, and not because you saw Office Space one too many times.

It's only a parking dispute when the guy is white.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

WitchFetish posted:

You guys realize no firefighters actually killed anyone, right? They saw him, "neutralized" him (which most likely means he was held down under several pounds of sexy, muscly and oiled up firefighters in tight clothi... erm) then given to the gendarmes.
The firefighters may not have killed anyone, but you have killed the dream.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Also 25 people were exploded in a mosque in Kuwait, but no-one cares because they were muslims.

This Kuwait attack, along with Tunisia and France were probably due to some rallying cry from ISIS because it's Ramadan or something.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

computer parts posted:

It's only a parking dispute when the guy is white.

Reminder there's never been a shred of evidence to support anything else but the parking dispute thing, but that won't stop the conspiracy theorists I guess.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

420 Gank Mid posted:

Sounds like Steve Austin hit the stunner on McMahon a little too hard.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

What a time to be alive!

Are you aware that this puts you on the same level as the assholes who lamented the Charleston shooting not for the deaths, but because of the push against the Confederate Flag and Gun Control?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

System Metternich posted:

Pretend I posted the picture of the Mexican girl saying "why not both?"

I don't really have anything else to say, apart from echoing these sentiments:

A Pale Horse posted:

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Death toll up to 37 in Tunisia now. British, German, Belgian and Irish holidaymakers.

This is gonna get ugly.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
There are no words for how much I despise this vile Islamist rot.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
At the moment, I can't see any clear link between a factory in France, tourists in Tunisia, and a mosque in Kuwait. It's not necessary that attacks on the same day must be linked.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

David Corbett posted:

At the moment, I can't see any clear link between a factory in France, tourists in Tunisia, and a mosque in Kuwait. It's not necessary that attacks on the same day must be linked.

Other than ideologically you mean?

I doubt they were coordinated.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
It doesn't really matter w/r/t coordination, isn't the entire point of modern terrorism that small cells that are largely disconnected tend to do the greatest damage?

Give some dipshits a few machetes and some ak's and anyone can do some damage. It's not a planned campaign, it's a rampage. You don't need to coordinate a rampage.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
The CIA handlers picked a good day for it, they can show off how superior America is with its gay marriages while crowing about the evil Islamists.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The attacks had to have been coordinated, but the coordination was probably on some islamist internet site, where they just said 'yeah just do some attacks on this day or something'. There's no unifying theme or common objective between all the attacks.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

David Corbett posted:

ISIS has been pushing for attacks during Ramadan, but no I don't think there's any evidence of a broader conspiracy yet.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

System Metternich posted:

They're half right, they both represent evil.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

rudatron posted:

The attacks had to have been coordinated, but the coordination was probably on some islamist internet site, where they just said 'yeah just do some attacks on this day or something'. There's no unifying theme or common objective between all the attacks.

It's the "anniversary" of the caliphate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Victims "mostly British" now according to latest sources.

• Locked thread