Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Peel posted:

I haven't paid attention for months, but I've heard 'attempted murder' used to describe SWATing, the practice of making a false police report to send a SWAT team into someone's house, which has happened a few times. It's an exaggerated term but the act itself is still extremely dangerous. It's why I don't agree with the people who dismiss this as meaningless drama which nobody should care about. It's a big cry about nothing, but it's doing some actual harm.

At least, I hope that's what he's referring to.

In the US calling a SWAT team in on someone is deffo equivalent to attempted murder; cops are loving crazy here when they get their hands on toys and sugar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

SedanChair posted:

"Privileged white women" is code that only misogynists use to dismiss all feminism. Unless a woman says it, in which case it is completely different. This is not sarcasm, though you might find it frustrating.

What if a white guy pretending to be a black guy says it?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

SedanChair posted:

Well she works harder than Sandra Fluke.

Take it easy Rush Limbaugh, we're not out to steal your medicaid old man.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

This game about a big-boobed British-accented dominatrix wearing a skintight suit of her own heel-length hair, I don't see how this could be sexist. Nor the game with prostitute trading cards and sex scenes with them. Will the feminazi media never stop?

A strong-willed competent female protagonist with agency who isn't ashamed of her body?

Someone fast, light the Dworkin Signal!

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

hwordhan posted:

No point in mentioning Other M because most people would agree. You need the sweet, sweet controversy to make people pay attention.

The Ann Coulter school of political haymaking

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

oh dip literal tens of people losing their jobs for being unprofessional on social media. it's freaking twitter war in the streets

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/m6x28o/jon-ronson

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Sinnlos posted:

Yeah Ryu, Ken, M Bison, Sub Zero, Solid Snake, Poison, ect. aren't sexualized at all you're right.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Sinnlos posted:

Oh, street fighter's character designs were done by a woman rather than a dude projecting his fetishes and power fantasies?

Everything humans have ever done was motivated by desire for sex or fear of death.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

VJeff posted:

hooman, this is gonna suck way more than hellthread, isn't it. :(

Hellthread was only good when it was twitter.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

where is the thread where people can make fun of idiots who still care about this?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread