Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I used to like video games, then it became a "culture" with "master races" and costumes and stupid figurines and MRAs and I realized I was a man, not a child, and stopped playing them mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Why the gently caress do you all care about this, at all

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Video games, video games, just getting mad about my video games

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

natetimm posted:

She sure looks terrified and not totally cashing in on the controversy to me.

It's not like her website is quinnspiracy.com

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So people read about video games now instead of just playing them? What a world we live in! The New Pac Man Times is my personal favorite Video Game Newsletter, and it is very important to me as my life is otherwise completely lacking any redeeming value.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Why are people talking about this stupid video game poo poo when the same discussion can be had in a much more intelligent, tangible way re: Carry That Weight, the Columbia rape situation, etc.?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

SedanChair posted:

GG is idiotic, misogynistic and hurts people, so it's worth talking about.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe, JUST MAYBE, reducing actual rapes is more important than "integrity" in video games "journalism".

Neurolimal posted:

This is going to sound really depressing, but 18-30 year olds in America are more willing to engage feminism and womens' rights in the context of videogames, instead of actual real life situations.

This isn't meant to be particularly damning to any "side", it's just the truth, it's not even a huge failure on their part so much as it is a failure on our culture punishing worldly views, favoring celebrity gossip as "news" over actual global situations that aren't as "exciting", and just the general sheltered depression state a lot of american youth are in. It's easier for people to get riled up for/against feminism when it impacts one of the few cultural products they still consume.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me. It just sucks we have to have what's essentially a discussion of feminism through this lens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

computer parts posted:

Are you going to tell me about starving children in Africa now too?

Are starving children in Africa relevant to a discussion about sexism and feminism? I'm sure there's a connection to be made there, but I'm gonna leave that one to you.

• Locked thread