Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I wanted the name Battle Feminist Anita but it's too drat long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

SedanChair posted:

"Privileged white women" is code that only misogynists use to dismiss all feminism. Unless a woman says it, in which case it is completely different. This is not sarcasm, though you might find it frustrating.

Ehhh idk man I like feminism but it does seem to have become a hobby for the privileged. I get the impression Anita is probably more recognizable than Sandra Fluke. That's a little sad.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

SedanChair posted:

Well she works harder than Sandra Fluke.

My impression is it has to do with more people caring about feminism as it relates to their hobbies more than anything else.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Just throwing out an idea here but maybe you could ban them???

Wouldn't you rather change their minds if they're as bad as you think?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think I've seen mental illness and a few reasonable people on both sides. Somehow the topic keeps ending up on the news, the radio and referenced in popular media so it's not like people are still talking about one thing that happened a year ago.

The goons who still care about Doobie seem far more mentally ill by comparison.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

SedanChair posted:

How can you be reasonable in defense of sexism, or in opposition to feminism? Wrong side of history man.

Feminism is alright. Sexism is a bad thing but it's OK for it to be reflected in media and like violence it's not always a terrible thing in media.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Effectronica posted:

The only fun part of discussing sexism in media is that you can get this massive circle going where people can justify literally every single female character's design in, say, fighting games, but never get to the part of asking why you basically have a choice between sexualized and hypersexualized characters.

I'm in favor of more women that are less sexualized and more men that are. It's a win win.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

unlimited shrimp posted:

I started following it later, but Hellthread never seemed especially pro- or anti-GG. It seemed more like everyone was just enjoying watching the slow motion train wreck.

I really wish there had been more gamers.txt in there so I'm hopeful for this new thread.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Bholder posted:

gently caress, people take poo poo seriously in this thread.

Bring back hellthread please!

Most of Ralps interventions only served to make Hellthread stronger.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Anita needs to make that clear then. Both her and McIntosh pretend the FemFreq Twitter account is all Anita's.

Eh she doesn't have to do this. She probably should drop that zero and find a hero/heroine though.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
dbl post.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I doubt I'll be posting much in this thread but I think every mod intervention only served to make hellthread stronger. My prediction is that hellthread will ultimately consume D&D if it's allowed to stay.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

KoldPT posted:

your username is Sephiroth_IRA

It's clever :) Not really a fan of FF7.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I can tell you two haven't funded your IRAs this year. smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Exclamation Marx posted:

Private companies are allowed to make decisions based on consumer feedback. That isn't a freedom of speech issue.

What if you live in a plutocracy?

• Locked thread