Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
In 2013, I ate at these great places: Luke, Cochon, Coquette and Cafe du Monde. The po boy I had at Johnny's was fine but the best places for a po boy are mostly off the tourist track and that's why I didn't get around to visiting them. My hotel was right around the corner from Bar Tonique, which we visited three times in two days. It is essentially a dive bar that serves awesome cocktails. Most of the classic cocktail bars are worth visiting if you're nearby but be warned that the Sazerac Bar is by far the most expensive place in town to get a sazerac.

A general guideline is that New Orleans gets progressively sketchier the further you get from the river. Public transportation will get you where you want to go if you're fine waiting a very long time for a bus/streetcar to show up. Don't bother with the streetcar unless you really want to ride the streetcar for its own sake. They do look neat, though.

if you like old houses and interesting shops, walk down Magazine Street as far as the weather allows. St. Charles has a lot of gigantic guilded age mansions and Audubon Park is a very nice city park. Of course, I did all of that in February rather than June. It is stickier now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread