Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Whoa!! Congrats!
I'm gonna miss the little Bloop man, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Will miss his screaming though!
Which chicks did you re-home? Do you still have any of the silkie-mixes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

The chicks that we rehomed were: Ham, Ninja, Buttercup, Diane, Tikka, Pluffy, Seagoat, Kevin, Sushi and Theo. All of the others are still with us for now, including Blossom, the last remaining Silkie mix hen.

Things are already MUCH calmer in the flock today with two roos gone!

That's good to hear!
Oh...Blossom, grow up big and strong, ok?

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

No change for the hens, as far as the roos go it's basically the same, just quieter and much calmer. Cam is Head Roo, then Frosty/Mushroom/Cowbell, then Weedcat. Cam pretty much ignores Weeds and spends his time chasing Frosty, Cowbell and Mushroom, who spend THEIR time chasing each other.

Weeds is the winner by going quietly off to his favorite spot, a large shady area under a big tree (best spot in the yard, with a water dish and the prime deep dustbathing dirt) with his little hen harem and hanging out with them. :keke:

"You might be 'head roo' Cam, but I'll always be the king." - Weedcat, HMKFP

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
"They don't call me Cluckadorkle for nuthin'!"

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Trying for "B.A. Baracus" again!

Phaena fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 25, 2016

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Welp, with 6 days to go until the hatch, Yoya the Giant Cochin has gone full-on broody so it looks like she'll be Chickam mama again this year! The only other broods we have are all banties--Sophie, Wiggles, Blossom and Skillet. If we wanted to use them for mama we'd have to tie 2 or 3 of them together to equal ONE Yoya.

We'll move Yoya into the brooder box Thursday night after it gets dark and slip 6 of the eggs under her so she can hatch them, if all goes according to previous hatches I'm hoping the bantam eggs hatch Friday, the rest Saturday!

Yay!!! Go Yoya! Use your big, warm fluffness to be a good mama once again~!

(Haha, 3-headed giant banty!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
It was definitely nice to see them again! Sadly, I'm having a hard time recognizing everyone.
Hoping all is well on the chickam front!

• Locked thread