Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Now these are some name suggestions I can get behind! :v:

The eggs are 8 days into incubation so I candled tonight--we have 7 ohsosquirmy embryos with another 5 eggs that I *think* have embryos but the shells are so dark I can't tell for sure--but I feel strongly that they do. So at least 7 chicks, possibly as many as 12!

Of the eggs that are developing (it's a nice cross-section of our flock), one was laid by Wiggles, our gray mottled Belgian d'Uccle hen and one by Toaster, a bantam Cochin who hatched last year. Wiggles has actually gone broody so she *may* end up being mama to the chicks! We have three broodies right now: Wiggles, Sophie (another bantam) and Yoya, a gray Giant Cochin who was Chickam mom 2 years ago...Yoya is just starting to go broody so we'll see. I'd prefer her for mom because of her size.

The 6 duds that I removed from the incubator I did a breakout on, all were infertile so never would have developed.

Chicks in another week and a half! :neckbeard:
:neckbeard: If Yoya goes broody, would the plan be to move her indoors soon? How do you move a huge broody hen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread