Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I missed the shot of the queen bursting from Ripley and her grabbing it as she falls into the furnace, in the longer cut. I feel that's pretty iconic of the ending, and I don't really get why they took it out.

I know at least in this cut, "Bishop" at the end has a bleeding head and a hosed up ear from getting smacked in the head, does the theatrical cut make it more ambiguous what he is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I don't want it to become a new Thing that studios do, but I find the idea of doing a different sequel to a franchise movie kind of refreshing (though it's like a different way of constantly remaking things, I suppose). And the Alien franchise is very suitable for such an idea, since each movie is very different from its predecessor.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Cool stuff, Xenomrph.

I rewatched Resurrection last week and it's just full of baffling moments. There's some great shots, fun actors to watch, the death of the newborn is disturbing, but it's still ultimately a shitpile.

I think it was the director's or extended cut too. Nothing of note added.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Guy Pearce's make up didn't bug me nearly as much as his generic "hmm hrrm nm nm I'm olllld" acting. I get that it's super hard to get old people mannerisms down (I think the only convincing example is Gary Oldman in Dracula), but all the more reason to just cast an old actor.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The near-monochromatic orange of the DVD version's flamethrower shot is a good look. The room's on fire.

I agree. Going by the shots provided here, it's like the color corrector just hit Photoshop's auto contrast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sir Kodiak posted:

He wanted to get lost, and having the map let him know exactly how to do that.

But why did he kick the map into the river??