Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

david_a posted:

SMG: I'm curious if you think the absurdly dark color grading of AvP:R was part of some larger theme or just an incredibly bad stylistic choice.

Uhmm, I think you mean Av|P:R. That 2 second lens flare in the opening titles changes the movie completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Prometheus was fantastic. This trailer looks great. That's my story.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Like the entire movie is one scene after another of different characters screaming "noooo, my hubris!" before being offed in various ways. Somewhere around the midpoint the movie stops to show us cctv footage of "the gods" getting their poo poo pushed in by a tool of their own making, but how did the guy with the mapping device get lost? Nobody would have tried to touch that snake. Bad writing.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Die Antwoord is the reason I haven't seen Chappie. I hope David Fincher kills them offscreen during his remake's prologue.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Alien Breed 1, 2 and Tower Assault are the best alien games btw.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Dinosaurs! posted:

Honestly the biggest change after 9/11 was the government cracking down on shooting your guns into the ceiling at the end of a movie. You can still do it outside, but waiting a couple minutes to exit the theater really takes away from the celebration.

This is true, and is explored further in this excellent documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWZTTtE5_zQ

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

ruddiger posted:

If you're going to do nothing but be a cheerleader to the fuckery then sit your goony rear end down. Xeno's over here posting dumb poo poo like "I am canon" or "fox got the fan community on tap wink wink" then yeah I'm going to make fun of him for it. Quit begging for attention just because you want to stick up for your bf.

This is like one of those endless 3D flights through a fractal landscape only the structure is represented by an infinite number of ironicats and there's no escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

a foolish pianist posted:

The only possible non-poo poo future for the Alien franchise is one where Prometheus and Covenant are burned out of history, and everyone who has seen them executed. I will march voluntarily into that good night.

Covenant was indeed dogshit but Prometheus was wonderful.