Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

My favourite engineer is Miles O'Brien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Oh now I'm remembering that Strange New Worlds straight up rips off Alien: Covenant and it's not even subtle, they are literally doing Aliens in Star Trek.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

You can say "The engineers were enormous fuckups who didn't understand anything they were doing" and that's entirely consistent with both films.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

david_a posted:

That feels right. The parts in the script were all famously gender neutral. I don’t know what reason someone would have had to add that detail to her backstory in Alien since it never comes up in the movie.

Men, famously not able to have daughters?

e: but yeah, Alien is not about Family so it's just an irrelevant detail that has no reason to come up.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

That sounds to me like "I don't want to get in a scrapfight with the fandom about canon, it's a film about people on a space station getting attacked by an alien and nobody is going to stop to drop any one liners about the fate of the Covenant"