Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I’ve kicked around the idea a few times of an AvP movie where the pitch is colonial marines going to suppress a “labor strike” that’s actually predators using the colonists to seed xenomorphs for a hunt, with the twist that the totally-an-android character this time isn’t an ash/bishop type dude, its a Terminator WY reverse-engineered from one of the T-800s skynet sent back from an alternate future and is deploying to steal predator technology, and this is revealed to the audience when it rips a xeno in half over its head Evangelion style and the fountain of acid blood melts the skin off of its metal endoskeleton

Love your thinking, but we've got a weedy nerd vs bodybuilder disparity in the casting choices for the robots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

An actual reason for the pods could be that lightspeed travel is hazardous, but the pods don’t appear to offer many (or any) real protective qualities. The crew are laying down, unsecured, in big glass tubes.

So, my guess is that the pods exist for the ‘convenience’ of the crew, so they can skip the ten-months-per-trip journey in a way that also allows the company to reduce wages.

I've seen online the theory, very reasonable in my opinion, that since real life physics time dilation slows you down as you approach lightspeed, perhaps in this sci-fi system it speeds you up when you're moving faster than light. So the cryosleep pods are to stop you from aging to death as the ship moves at 6 light-months per earth day.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Shh, shhhhhhhhhhhhh, we don’t talk about that.

Rule of Cool trumps all. Based solely on the first movie, Skynet happens regardless of where the Terminator dies.

Nah, Skynet is a closed loop that creates itself by sending a robot back in time, but also destroys itself by preparing Sarah & John Connor to fight back.

The Predator must crush the Terminator somehow in a way that allows it to collect the outstretched hand as a trophy but not the head.