Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Illinois Smith posted:

I haven't seen Jeunet's fourth movie since I watched it in theaters, what's the consensus? Just noticed there's a longer cut of that one too.

Longer cut--
pros: It's funnier
cons: It's longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

If you can find the Prometheus Weyland Investors fan edit, it helps somewhat. Everyone's still a bunch of idiots, but their behavior is a little more understandable. Also, the zombie dude attack scene is better.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Is Planet of the Vampires worth watching?

Absolutely. And even though people like to bring up its similarities to, and hypothesize about its influence on, the Alien movies, put all that out of your head and enjoy it on its own terms without the baggage. It's sorta remarkable.

Paolomania posted:

Yes, but know what you are getting yourself into. It is a hokey 60's sci-fi B-movie in all its glory.

Yes and no.... It's certainly a product of its time and budget, but it is weird enough, distinctive enough, to kinda separate it from its contemporaries. It's Mario Bava!

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 18, 2016

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

ruddiger posted:

I live right down the block from Jeanette Goldstein's brassiere shop.
Clearly some field research (with pics) is in order. Get on it, son!

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

It takes quite a while until the dinosaurs actually show up in Jurassic Park 1, and then there are too many shots of the cast staring slack-jawed in awe at the majesty of the dinosaurs while the music swells. When's the dino mayhem gonna start already?

I like Lost World, it's funnier, and it's dino mayhem from the get-go.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

I don't remember, but did people get this bent out of shape when Superman Returns basically said that Superman 3 and 4 didn't happen?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

This looks like a Metroid boss.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Yeah that's the one!

What's its name-- Ridley (Scott)? (Ellen) Ripley? Coincidence I'm sure

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 17, 2017

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Avril Lavigne posted:

If I didn't know better I'd have thought this was by Bill Plympton.

Haha, I thought the exact same thing!

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

My daughter and her friends are working their way through the Alien movies. They just watched Resurrection and hit me with a question I couldn't answer. It's been a few years since I've watched it, and I'm in no hurry to watch it again, so I thought I'd come here to hopefully get a quick answer...

The queen has been modified with Ripley's human DNA so that she can give live birth to that weirdo alien. But can she lay eggs too? There's lots of eggs in the movie, where did they come from? Or was there an earlier queen that laid those eggs, not the same queen seen in the movie?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Um

Queens laid eggs. They lay them. In Aliens Ripley walks into a hive filled with eggs she’s laid.

:rolleyes:

Xenomrph posted:

The Queen in Resurrection started out laying all those eggs, and then unexpectedly developed the “live birth” method later, resulting in the Newborn.

alf_pogs posted:

clone queen do both!
Thanks guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Goddamn it I'm in LA this weekend and was planning to go to that Alien exhibit at USC. It was advertised as running through Sunday May 12th, but they just announced on the website that it's closed today and tomorrow because of commencement. C'mon, why didn't they then simply say initially that it ran through Friday the 11th instead of springing this last-minute surprise? If I had known, I would have gone when I was here in March. Aargh!

Well, anyone who went to the exhibit, how was it?