Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

centaurtainment posted:

Honestly the only thing I remember about that movie is the great abortion scene. Otherwise it was very "meh" and wholly unnecessary.

Agreed but for all movies ever made ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Krampus Grewcock posted:

I agree with you on this. I was okay with just about every aspect of the movie, except for the Erich von Däniken inspired parts. Like, the idea itself of an alien presence loving with evolution on earth doesn't bother me, but, the concept of a humanoid species doing it just comes off as absurd, outdated sci-fi rubbish. Did they see apes and say "hey, they got 5 fingers and are potentially bipedal, lets 2001 them!" or were humans dropped off as some bastard offspring and just, somehow share the DNA of earth creatures? It just really flies in the face of the rest of the series where the xenomorph is a fantastic yet, reasonably plausible creature that embodies of the top of the food chain in a way that is primal and frightening. Even having it be a weapon created/manipulated by the Jokeys again doesn't bug me, but when you make a creationist story out of a really good sci-fi franchise, you lose me. No matter how cool not-Ripley is and how awesome her auto-csection was.

I don't want to ruin this for you but the xenomorph is just a human with some spikes, a tail and a dick for a head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR5jYeIMBKk

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

The multiplayer was the real draw of that game so I'm not sure its worth it without that. Of course maybe I'm dumb to assume there isn't still an active community playing a 15 year old AvP game...

I played it a couple of years ago and yea there were still people playing

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I always remember resurrection being better than it is but then whenever I watch it I'm massively disappointed. I still find the hybrid baby alien at the end loving freaky though.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

Part of why Aliens works is that she, ultimately, chooses to go back because she's tough enough to do so. It's thematically appropriate for her to return as a somewhat superhuman character.

Ripley is bullied in to going back by the company. They strip her of her license and force her to do menial work and get Burke to taunt her over it in the guise of trying to help. Everyone she knows is dead, she and no career and no future.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I went to see Aliens in the cinema a couple of years ago. It was the directors cut and it was the first time when I noticed it does drag in places compared to the normal version but the alien queen was amazing on such a large screen. You do also become aware that you know the movie far too well and it's no longer very exciting which is a bit of a horrible realization because I love aliens.

I needed to pee half way through and some dude in the aisle refused to move his legs. I guess he was offended by me blocking his view for 2 seconds. I don't think he appreciated how much I needed to pee, I'd been holding it for like 30 minutes, so I had to push through his legs until he moved. When I came back he still wouldn't move his legs so I just stepped on him to get past.

He never said anything :shrug: it was really weird.

A couple of months ago I had to miss a double bill of Alien/Aliens because of a job interview. I got the job but still regret missing alien in the cinema :(

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's bad because it's a stupid and cliché plotline. Ripley, being a WOMZ, becomes a MOMZ as soon as she sees a kid in trouble. gently caress that stupid poo poo.

What's wrong with that? parents want to protect kids. I can't really think of many great action movies from the 80s which deal with that really apart from Commando.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I never got round to playing the nostromo DLC for Isolation. Did they include the egg room in that?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I actually like AvP. It's incredibly dumb but that's okay.

It's almost got the same appeal as resident evil when the Predator starts doing wrestling moves on the alien.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

are they really going to bring ripley back again if they made a new alien? jesus, i dont really get the appeal of dragging out geriatrics. It was a bit embarrasing for the new star wars and really would be loving awful for a horror/action movie.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

How have I never heard of this movie before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

There's alien day at my local cinema but the only description is alien covenant. I can't wait to sit through a surprise double bill of the AVP movies :tinfoil: