Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I forget if the wooden planet script is basically the same but instead of prisoners it were monks or something else entirely.

Couldn't of been worse then that script where hicks and bishop save space Russia during a cold war from aliens that emit fart gas that somehow makes everyone's skin fall apart before turning into more aliens which got followed by hicks ejecting ripley out of a spacepod and and and...

SirDrone fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jun 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Sir Nose posted:

Also, the zombie dude attack scene is better.
I still don't know why they even bothered with two versions of the same scene, still this design seems better then bigfoot zambie man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJOv6a_uzNo

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

You also forgot the AVPR Ridged design which honestly I thought had one ridiculously badass long and spearheaded tail but suffers from making the overall design look goofy as gently caress.

Honestly looks like, When Eldery Xenomorphs Attack!.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I'd be surprised if this hasn't been done before but has the EU ever tried a story where some aliens figure out a method of creating more xeno's without killing their hosts in the process?

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Has it actually been determined if queens are the only way the aliens can make more of them selves, or can a single loose drone eventually establish a colony ala Alien Isolation / Alien deleted scenes. Because if a single drone can't reproduce if in isolation that makes them fairly useless in the long run.

Pretty sure the player character Alien in one of the AVP games end up turning into a queen.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Everblight posted:

All space movies are just pirate movies with modern sensibilities and burial at sea is v.common hth

I like to imagine space truckers in the near future will treat space corpses as bugs on the windscreens.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Clearly the best design :v:

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Remember that time newt and hicks died but a terrible video game according to Fox decided Hicks survived!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquByeLRYNM

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Immortan posted:

Alien: Covenant is going to be TITS.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

No that's Ridley Scoffed Day.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Maybe Alien 3 would of been better if Danny Glover had a wacky chase sequence with the alien...or had this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOw47NC_sxI

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

What happens if a facehugger face hugs a fellow alien?

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I guess Mars really did need women, or whatever the gently caress the alien homeworld is. Knowing the EU i bet the homeworld is just a giant rear end.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Are there any decent Alien novels to read? I've only ever read the novelization of the first film and all it told me was aliens squeeze through vents like loving octopuses and Lambert got humped to death.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

ruddiger posted:

A summation of your posts.

Physical embodiment of the Alien Wiki.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

You know do we ever see the interior of the giant refinery the Nostromo is carrying? Like is there even an interior to begin with or is it just a giant automatic dumpster.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

My favorite thing about that game was that ridiculous alien with large talons that just chopped off people's head, which isn't really great if you want to replenish numbers.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

The Predator Planet was cooler.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I liked Prometheus better when giant space men were elephant people from outspace.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

On the topic of comics I ironically love how it's considered canon (Until DC brought the rights) that aliens murdered the poo poo out of the WildCats cast.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Actually the Predators that shot everyone with flying discs are just international space athletes.

SirDrone fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 23, 2017

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

As much as I love the whole Alien Life Cycle you'd think the franchise would of gone through some variations by now, like maybe implant more then one embyro into a host or go the ridley scott method of turning people into eggs.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Super Predator, I have no idea why their called that but I guess they're sports version of a elitist circlejerk club.

SirDrone fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Feb 7, 2017

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

AzureSkys posted:

I also had a dream about Newt

I can't for the life of me remember if this was something I imagined or something in one of the cuts of Alien 3 but I distinctly remember the film showing Newt's corpse in her pod and it looked like she died in agony because holy hell.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Do you ever wonder what the equivalent of Predator space truckers are like?

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

wyoming posted:

I bet you believe rats as big as cats are aliens too.

I also believe Private Frost in Aliens hosed a Arcturian poo-tang, I have no idea what a Arcturian is.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

That xenomorph looks super pissed and is acting like one of those dogs that just slobbers constantly outside your car's window.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

But guys Hicks totally survived according to bad video games, he was totally there during Alien 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquByeLRYNM

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

In a Blomkamp alien film, Sharlto Copley would be the titular sentient talking alien.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

According to fanfiction there is a 3rd reproduction life-cycle, Xeno on meatbag romance. :suicide:

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I remember the first marine mission in AVP2 killing me several times from just the scripted events of either the Predator blowing up the bridge or an out of control vehicle running me over. Needless to say that mission spooked me as the minute i step into the complex you'll just constantly hear and see a Predator going rambo on people followed by constant screaming.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I like to imagine Dark Seed being the true Prometheus Sequel.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Unless Earth is established to be attacked or utterly beyond hosed by a biological WMD by the time Aliens happens I can't see how that screenshot could fit timeline wise unless it's another planet or Ridley is deciding to just ignore Aliens.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

You know out of question, how the hell did Xenomorphs become a go to name for Aliens or for that matter where the gently caress does the name Yautja come from.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Is Ridley trying to tell us that David created the original xenomorphs or that the virus goo strain eventually just advances to the point Xenomorphs are the end game of it's evolution?. Because I'm pretty sure the first idea doesn't sit right with those eggs in the derelict ship meanwhile on LV-426

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

This film sucked, it didn't have a alien on James Franco sex scene.

And David wasn't there to play more lewd flutes.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Could of been worse, could of instead of the metaphors and resemblances just gone literal with xenomorphs shagging the shower couple, I legit thought something like that was going to happen to one of the characters and they would end up turning into some awful Queen like creature.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

Ridley Scott should just make a Darkseed movie instead featuring David fighting Mike Dawson.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I liked the mission where the Predator enters some outdoor bogus wrestling match in broad daylight being watched by millions of spectators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

You know it's strange but I can't really think of many films like Predator 2 that had the whole "thug voodoo gangs are scary" scare of the 90's.