Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Neo Rasa posted:

In the theatrical version it's not confirmed one way or the other, Bishop just says it but no one buys it. In the assembly cut he is definitely human and he has an extra bit where you can see blood and his messed up ear. After holding his head in pain he slams his bloody hand on the fence holding them back and screams "I'M NOT A DROID" In a great mix of both pain, desperation and almost surprise. Lance Henrisken. :aaaaa:

Theatrical cut didn't have the other parts where he acts like a human either - it made him look like an android that had been lying to justify the choice Ripley makes.

I do remember reading the novelization at the time, and in that he was unambiguously human, closer to what the assembly cut did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
The title card struck me as kinda weirdly bad, also despite already being a slow burn and people like us knowing exactly what the movie is, I think they could have held the Predator reveal on a big longer. The first time they show it just kinda has nothing going on except "oh, it is a Predator"

Otherwise, it's nice to have a third good Predator movie after all this time.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
It's great reading Danny Glover on Danny Glover's performance in P2

quote:

Danny Glover was also proud of his performance, saying: I have two films I’ve done that I feel that I was bigger than life in, in which I felt that I could control the space. Silverado for me, and Predator 2. In Predator 2, it was like ‘who’s the baddest cat in your space, and the baddest cat says ‘I’m gonna challenge you.’ Mano y mano. I was the baddest guy in his space. What happens? I kill him, and then the others come around, and I’m like ‘alright…. who’s next?’ I was about 42, 43.. in the best shape in my life, best shape I’ve been in. I was running on the beach, had my training, I was lifting weights a lot more than I am now. I was really feeling it in that movie.