Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Alien 3 was the first Alien movie I ever saw, and remains my favorite to this day. I like that it's very pessimistic but not cynical; I adore it as a conclusion to Ripley's character arc, and I vastly prefer the skittering, animal-like quadruped alien to the more humanoid ones in the other films. I like the prison setting and the way the alien takes on the role of the Devil, not as a sentient tempter, but as a force so terrifying and predatory that people will do anything to escape or possess it. I like that they made Sigourney Weaver look harried and exhausted (and, of course, bald) -- it's such a departure from where her character started in Alien, but it makes sense for someone who's been through hell like that.

I share the same opinions as you do. I actually rewatched Alien 3 a month ago, the assembly cut, and enjoyed it a lot still. Great film. Of the three Alien movies, Alien 3 is the one i've watched the most, followed by Alien, and then Aliens in a distant 3rd. I don't know what it is about Aliens, but I just could never get into it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

Alien would be hugely popular and well remembered regardless because of how groundbreaking it was at the time. Even in its time there were Alien toys, video games, etc. before Aliens was even released.

Alien Online was my first Alien video games. Hourly charges on AOL to play that though lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Just found this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5PxqOZ-dzc, someone added/modified some Alien 3 effects and put up comparisons with the original. It's maybe a little bit goofy but I like the idea of seeing the Alien as a "dragon" of sorts from Golic's perspective.

The second clip with Golic doesn't make sense to me, isn't that scene from the perspective of the alien?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Prometheus was a terrible movie. Riddley Scott redeemed himself a ton with the Martian but i'm still not excited at all for his next Alien film and think he should just leave it the gently caress alone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I saw Covenant tonight, I barely understand what I witnessed, this movie is loving wild. Michael Fassbender carries the film though and the ending was a pretty major mind gently caress.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Well Manicured Man posted:

The David/Walter switch twist was really, really easy to see coming

That was the entire point. There is a camera shot that literally is intended to give this away.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Pretty sure he was removing ones that shown signs of damage or deformities.

It was this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

goku im piss posted:

I'm hearing that in David Giler's voice and laughing.

Also I still find it weird there were so many kids toys for ALIEN. Its like Freddy Krueger Pajamas,which existed......

Merchandising!

I had so many Alien toys as a kid. I miss all of them. It was more based on Aliens, plus the Dark Horse comics.