Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

The final scene of her and Newt sleeping together in the pod at the conclusion of Aliens was a perfect ending for the character in a better movie, so the entirety of Alien 3 has always felt like a ponderous and unnecessary epilogue to me.

I think the ending of Aliens is a little too happy for the character/series to end on. Two encounters with the scariest and deadliest creature in cinema and her life ends up way better than if the Nostromo just went straight home. A new start over daughter to replace the one she never saw/had time for (who by the way lived happily to 98 or w/e) and she gets a husband! The suicide downbeat ending of 3 is much more satisfying to me. Her life is over but she gets to go out with her middle finger up to the company, making sure this thing never gets to terrorize anyone ever again.

The soundtrack is also top notch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im sick of Ripley too at this point. Alien 3 was a perfect ending to her story. How many times do we need to resurect and torture this poor woman.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TomViolence posted:

it was also an objectively terrible movie.

Is that why you made such a long objectively terrible post?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

LoveisOver posted:

Always felt like Clemens was wasted as a character so early on. Oh well.

The point of Clemens wasn't to give Ripley a Hicks 2.0 boyfriend though

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Whats this thing trying to eat batman?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

JeffLeonard posted:

Aliens: he likes the DC's xtra footage EXCEPT he hates that they show the colony before the outbreak.

JeffLeonard posted:

Ha! It's mainly the sentry gun scenes that he likes.

You have a smart kid

JeffLeonard posted:

Likes the JJ Trek movies, won't watch the old stuff.

Show him the whale movie its the only good old trek movie

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Elysium was a dumpster fire and his concept art for it kinda blew but honestly noone else of worth is going to touch this franchise anytime soon so might as well just let him do it. Just hire someone else to do a last minute edit and take out whatever political poo poo he puts in.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Name 1 good thing about Elysium

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The map was in the ship

the ship that they werent in

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I get it now. Ripley was vaccinated with an autistic aliens embryo

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So the Prometheus sequel is now called Alien: Convent.

So what exactly was the point of not making Prometheus a full blown tie in rather than the weird in between it was?

Covenant

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Same

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

A new one obviously

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Its just Newt screaming "youre not my real dad!" at Hicks for 90 minutes

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I read the predators script a year before the movie came out and the sniper was a shape shifting alien and Arnold's character steps out of predator ship smoking a cigar at the end and thinking the whole thing was complete dogshit then the movie came out and it was to my horror the same exact poo poo I read minus those two things.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Concrete Jungle isnt really open world. Its very much one of those on rails open world type games thats more the illusion of going anywhere.

The PS2 RTS game is actually kinda fun if you can deal with the lovely controls. The marine campaign is cool and lets you dropship in reinforcements and you can control reg marines/smart gunners/droids/flamethrower dudes/ sentry turrets. The Alien one lets you grab dudes and drag them back to your lair and you put eggs near them to get facehugged and you can turn chestbursters into warriors or drones or whatever type of alien you need. The weakest one is the pred campaign as its just basically reskinned marine units with cannons and swords and other crazy pred tech type poo poo but a bunch of predators running around in a group shooting missiles isnt as cool as it would seem.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

I'm really looking forward to more David being David, although I wish Noomi Rapace was sticking around. I hope the sequel handles her departure well and doesn't just Poochie it.

Is she 100% confirmed not coming back? If so why?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Everblight posted:

Do I need to actually finally watch District 9? What if I already think Apartheid was a bad thing?

If you want to watch his only good movie then yes see it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

McDowell posted:

Children of Men Prometheus is the modern Christmas movie.

ftfy

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Could you post a clip or screencap of this? I remember the scene but I must not have noticed or don't remember the alien actually being in the shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmF_IO6Aiag

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why does Parker say he wants to eat Lamberts pussy? Dont make no sense imo

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Toady posted:

"Why? Why are the innocent punished? Why the sacrifice? Why the pain? There aren't any promises. Nothing's certain. Only that some get called, some get saved. She won't ever know the hardship and grief for those of us left behind. We commit these bodies to the void...with a glad heart. For within each seed, there is the promise of a flower. And within each death, no matter how big or small, there's always a new life. A new beginning. Amen."

This line alone was worth killing off Newt.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope the predator tries to shoot him in the head but it doesnt work because fiddys hat is bulletproof

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Predator: In da hood

technically that was predator 2 :v:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

well thats kinda disappointing

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What was the context of them doing an entire page of Apones speech?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Seeing 70 yr old Sigourney Weaver fight off aliens will be almost as sad and depressing as seeing old rear end Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher doing the Star War

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Sigourney Weaver has aged a hell of a lot more gracefully than either of those two

ok but shes still old.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

old people are gross. its why i will never watch the Expendables

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

this whole conversation is why people dont read this subforum

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Heres my hot take stop using the phrase hot take

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I cant really its the internet.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

MrMojok posted:

What was the Hamsters in a Cage scene?

They pick up something on the motion tracker when they first go inside and it turns out to be a hamster in a cage

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Seems pretty inefficient to need 2 hosts per 1 alien.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

But inefficient compared to what? It goes from snake bursting out of someone's chest to eight foot tall adult in like one hour.

Inefficient compared to a queen just squirting out eggs.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Bishop never mentions Mother at all.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

They aren't, and Alien3 (also set in 2179) confirms that repeatedly.
Ripley says they'll kill everyone for having seen the alien but they bandage up Morse and take him with them.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

They know what he saw. He saw an alien

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Shanty posted:

Wait, WY doesn't know anything about the wreck/aliens before they start colonizing the planet, do they?

Are there any species like this hostile organism on LV-426?
No its a rock, no indigenous life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

SMG what did you think of Beast Wars?