Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
oh you mean Galaxy Quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I will always defend the loooong version nof Kingdom Of Heaven, it is fantastic

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

he's not amazing, but he's done some good work. watch "Zulu" sometime

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

is there a different cut of Prometheus? the opening scene I saw had an Engineer sacrifice himself to make DNA, then Lisbeth Salander finds early evidence of life... man, that film looks gorgeous I think I need to watch it again

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

This nightmarish derail has burst out of this thread's chest like... I dunno, something

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Isn't there a massive xeno drone somewhere that burst out of the space jockey?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Are those xeno tails strapped to his helmet like a pair of tusks? I love it

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

His guys that stayed in the truck cleaned up the scene-they give Danny Glover the hairy eyeball at the very end of the movie, iirc

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

David translates writing on ship wall as "0 days without an accident"

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

If that sounds even okay. The sad part is you'll actually get Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy with infrared fart jokes and crotch launchers.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I think a xeno wore a smoking jacket on The Critic as well

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Hmmm... I could swear I remember a cartoon with the alien putting on a smoking jacket and talking in a posh accent instead of killing people! Here's the Critic's joke:
https://youtu.be/Y40NxWUlP-g

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

It makes sense for the Predators to have a technology threshold, it would probably be the point where a species could become an actual threat to their homeworld.

Weren't the Elephant-looking Space Jockeys briefly in one of the AVP novels as well?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

wyoming posted:

You're thinking of the raptor in Jurassic Park.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nerv5YEiJok

Nice! There it is.... I would also watch Aliens vs Predator vs Jurassic Park

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

That does remind me, Aliens TC, the infamous DOOM mod from back in the day did this. With lots of use of voice overs from the movie, etc. it does (as best as possible with 1994 DOOM modding technology) to replicate the shuttle landing and Apone and crew exploring the wrecked colony, the entire level has zero enemies but also gets you used to how the new assets make doors/etc. look and work and stuff. This was a huge huge huge deal in action game design of the time. Like Super Metroid has a similar opening areas build-up and was released in the same year. It was so awesome and intense at the time.

Also great was that you lost all your weapons in the final level and the chainsaw from the normal game was modded into a power loader

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Actually, David is textually attempting to ape the face of god with varying levels of success, and in his hubris, claiming the natural path of form as his own design.

According to a lot of the Internet, Ridley Scott is David here and the Universe has already created the perfect Alien movie

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Yeah, it famously aired with the sentry guns scene added to the theatrical cut

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Hmm, The trailer makes it look like Laserblast meets Predator, which I could enjoy if this kid's anywhere near as insufferable as the Laserblast kid

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Dan Hedaya.... IN SPACE!

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I like to pretend that they all sure in the underwater sequence because I love that scene and don't really like anything afterwards

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I love Prometheus, wanted to see more adventures of Lisbeth Salander and her beheaded robot pal going off to fight aliens, instead she got Poochie'd in the worst way.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

He was a legit badass. I think he was the first black NCO?
He loved the Corps, every meal was a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I found Frost believable, as he seems like Hicks' buddy

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Also has Peter Boyle... It's Rio Bravo/Rio Lobo/El Dorado/Assault on Precinct 13/SWAT/Ghosts Of Mars... In space!

But yeah, it's a classic

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

Can't believe you listed everything other than that it's a remake of High Noon.

Yeah, I always forget that one

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Pitch Black meant to be a xeno flick but the action hero it introduced got all the sequels

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

So he turns into Bowie? Does he do the contact juggling stuff with knives now?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

*New rank: sexual tyrannosaurus*
*New rank: ugly motherf*cker*
*Achievement unlocked: get to the chopper*

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Did you not notice the Weyland-Yutani symbol in the first film?

I was always struck by the fact that they all have the Purina dog chow logo on their suits, which was thermally accurate

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I think the xenos are the Mad Max of space, they're campfire stories for interstellar colonists to tell in the dark.

That's how Pitch Black and Riddick follow on in the far future.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/sLA5wfDI

I don't know what's going on here but I kinda love it

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I pity the Predator who sets his sights on Darth Vader

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Don't sleep on Peter Boyle in Outland either

Pitch Black is a decent Aliens ripoff as well, YMMV on the Riddick sequels

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I distinctly remember watching Pandorum but I don't remember a single second of it so I can't recommend it

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

Outland owns.

Peter Boyle in spaaaaaace!

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I always think about the episode of Future Man where they break into Cameron's house as canon

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Going back to intelligence, I thought the aliens in Resurrection were smarter/craftier because of the cross-contamination between Ripley's clone and the clone queen, similar to how we got the Newborn and Ripley got nascent superpowers

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

So whatever happened to the (presumably) giant chest-buster that came from the Space Jockey?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Intent doesn't matter very much, but "ancient" refers to a period of roughly 1500-5000 years ago. It's consequently technically impossible for something to be both "ancient" and "fossilized".

All the alien technology we see in Prometheus - including the ships flown by the characters, and the black goo that David uses - is literally ancient. It's dated at somewhat over 2000 years old.

Fossilization can actually occur in a matter of hours or days, that's how they have found fossilized stomach contents and even embryos

Most of the questions in this thread are about corporate activities and conspiracies in the future so unfortunately we're just going to have to wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

What really matters is how many expectations you can subvert