Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

Obviously the films wouldn't have been written with this intent but since modern perspectives allow us to consider this I'll ask: what if instead of proper AI Bishop is like GPT9.7 or something and the knife game is the result of their training set including an extensive catalog of self destructive behaviors regular marines do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

Has there ever been an attempt at explaining the special gases menu on the Narcissus?

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

I meant more in-universe justifications for the lifeboat having a system for venting a variety of poisons into the cabin. The article that book seems to have grown out of was where I learned about the menu originally and doesn't have anything in the way of an explanation for it, does the book have more?