Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The original Black and White was fantastic. 2 was seriously one of the all time worst games of all time. No GTA game has ever been that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

rocket_man38 posted:

I bought GTAV again for Xbone, but just don't want to play through all the missions again. So I haven't touched it really.

I thought your Rockstar Social Club account saved your game progress between systems and poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

codenameFANGIO posted:

I thought your Rockstar Social Club account saved your game progress between systems and poo poo
It only saves your progress in GTA Online

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Pablo Gigante posted:

It only saves your progress in GTA Online

that's lame

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Seshoho Cian posted:

The movement and controls in the GTA games suck. Having to mash X to run, the way turning your character around isn't instant and very clumsy, the way the cars handle, the way the guns feel, none of it is fun

Most of this stuff is designed in this way as part of the Rockstar's want to make the games as realistic as possible, like how it's tiring to run, and people can't really just turn around on a dime in real life, but these things end up sabotaging the gameplay.

For instance, Mario 64 is a game that has great movement controls. Mario doesn't run and jump like a real person does, but his movement ends up capturing the feelings of running and jumping better than the movement of GTA IV and V. The very acts of running around and jumping on it's own is fun in Mario 64, and movement being enjoyable is far more important than most people will give credit for.

This, even though I like GTA.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The plane and helicopter controls are kind of hosed up as well, in GTA V, but driving cars feels great.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

populus = great
dungeon keeper = win
black and white series = extremely win
fable series = you know thats a win

they look like games that were made to get lots of money by a humpbacked balding jew

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The plane and helicopter controls are kind of hosed up as well, in GTA V, but driving cars feels great.

helicopters are very tough but I love flying in gta online. it's a shame the mechanic is either bad or most people just can't figure out how to fly properly, since I love racing and nobody wants to join a flying race match

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Its gay because the helicopter controls were perfectly fine in other open world games, but they changed them for no reason.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the turbulence/wind effect is insane and it doesn't really get effected by your flying skill for some reason. It was a lot better in GTA4 when it was basically always perfectly stable.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I find helicopters really easy in GTAV. Play more flight sims, nerds.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

they look like games that were made to get lots of money by a humpbacked balding jew

lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

rocket_man38 posted:

I bought GTAV again for Xbone, but just don't want to play through all the missions again. So I haven't touched it really.

i had the most fun playing GTAV when i bought the xbone version and replayed all the missions

• Locked thread