Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011
Hello goon tycoons.

I have been putting off starting up my own small business almost 5 years longer than I have needed to, because I have no idea where to start and it feels overwhelming.

Currently I am working full time for someone else's company, and I would like to be able to transition to working for myself 2-3 days out of 5.

I am a jeweler by trade, and I would like to be making and selling my own stuff, along with working for the other company (until I hopefully gain enough work to solely be doing my own design.)

I live in BC Canada, and would probably start by marketing myself online, if that makes any sort of difference for advice.

Basically I need to know how/where to apply for business license/name/ trademark stuff.
Or if there is already a megathread for this someone could direct me to, that would also be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011
Well thanks for the replies.

I definitely don't want to do anything the illegal route as I have all the time I want really, at this point.

• Locked thread