Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Have you busted anyone for keeping a pet tiger or shark etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Freakbox posted:

Have you got any warm, fuzzy, uplifting stories? I know it's probably not what most of the thread would ask for, but I'd like some :kimchi: to even out potential :catstare: and :gonk:.

Hearing about a pet shark could be a fuzzy uplifting story

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Have you ever been in mortal danger? Have you ever had to rescue animals from a flood or hurricane or some other disaster?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Flavor Truck posted:

If you aren't some sort of certified dog behavioral therapist or trainer, I would say No. It's sad.

Some important information for you pit bull crazies: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/10-year-dog-bite-fatality-chart-dogsbiteorg.pdf

The majority of reported dog bites that end in death are by pit bulls. The majority of dog bites that result in injury requiring hospitalization and health department intervention are by pit bulls. Pit bulls are bitey dogs. They just are. Sorry, pit bull lovers. You are in love with a bitey sort of dog and that's that.

:staredog: whoa that dogs bite blog person is pretty nuts. It links to the craven desires anti pit blog, which is even crazier. Wtf is it about these dogs that brings out such strong opinions

Did anyone ever try to keep a wolf as a dog

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
No wolf dogs, or hybrids? :(

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
How much rabies is in your state. Have to ever seen a person or someone's dear pet become violently rabid Cujo-style?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

SubponticatePoster posted:

If Flavor Truck doesn't mind, I did AC for about 10 years so I can also answer questions. Did a thread in PI about it some years back which has fallen into archives.

Did you see any pet sharks, wolf dogs, or tigers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

McStephenson posted:

I watched (listened to?) some crazy npr/pbs thing about rabies and how it's actually possible to survive through the actual rabies hitting the brain part (the first case of a survival happening somewhat recently)

It's an absolutely crazy disease and I wish I had held onto more of the stuff I learned about it in that documentary...

Milwaukee protocol...but idk if it actually works or if that was just some sort of weird fluke. Lyssavirus are crazy

• Locked thread