Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Not even remotely. Hopefully they hired somebody that's good at their job and actually knows something about animals, but I doubt it. You're a shining example of the morons they hire to be ACOs in a hell of a lot of areas.

To be honest, that just makes my reaction worse. "Oh no. She had a key and a padlock and she's well known to be an untreated mentally ill person. I better put her in a situation where she feels threatened enough to attack me so I can beat the poo poo out of her or at least threaten to do that." She could've gone inside and come back out with a gun. You escalated the situation when you were in no direct danger because a padlock and keys might give you a goose egg if she has very very good aim (and since it was dark, she likely does not). If you're so loving stupid that you think lurking around someone's property in the dark, escalating the situation and threatening a (supposedly well-known, so I'm assuming you're right) mentally ill person with a baton when they are unarmed (a padlock and keys when she is outside is not being armed, you loving moron, it is carrying around typical yard things) then I hope you never have another job with any sort of authority and you get whatever therapy you need to solve your hosed up issues.

The best decision your city ever made was firing your stupid rear end. Your answers make you not only uneducated, but you are unfit for any sort of employment in that capacity if "threaten a person with a baton and a beating because they have a PADLOCK in their hand" is for real your response to your (incorrectly) perceived danger.

The most hilarious part of it is that she wasn't even threatening you. Hell, if I came out of my fence to investigate something I'd have a padlock and keys too because those are on my fence and I would carry them when I left my fence so I did not lose them like most people do when they have a padlock on their fence. So I guess that makes me dangerous enough to be threatened with police brutality for walking out of my yard to investigate what the lurker is doing near or on my property in the loving dark. gently caress you, guy.

Flavor Truck posted:

I stood around on the street for two minutes to see if they would let up, which they did not. Before I could go up to knock on the door I heard someone yelling behind me and saw this woman in a jean jacket with tattoos on her face come running up the sidewalk toward me just hollering nonsense. She tried to corner me near her backyard so I drew my baton and threatened her with it. She turned around and ran upstairs into her house (she lived in the upper) and I heard her up there throwing and breaking things. I let the sworn officers handle the rest of that mess. No sense getting myself into more trouble than what they're paying me is worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I've lived all over the US at this point and animal control vehicles differ a hell of a lot. And to be honest, if somebody is lurking outside my house at 2am I'm not going to carefully look amongst vehicles parked on the street or in my driveway for somebody official. He never knocked on the door. He never announced who he was. The lady had every right in the world to be freaked out.

Dispatcher: Sanford Police Department. …
Zimmerman: Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh, [near] Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can
give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.
Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?
Zimmerman: Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or
sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's [unintelligible], he was just staring…
Dispatcher: OK, he's just walking around the area…
Zimmerman: …looking at all the houses.
Dispatcher: OK…
Zimmerman: Now he's just staring at me.
Dispatcher: OK—you said it's 1111 Retreat View? Or 111?
Zimmerman: That's the clubhouse…
Dispatcher: That's the clubhouse, do you know what the—he's near the clubhouse right now?
Zimmerman: Yeah, now he's coming towards me.
Dispatcher: OK.
Zimmerman: He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.
Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?
Zimmerman: He's got button on his shirt, late teens.
Dispatcher: Late teens ok.
Zimmerman: Somethings wrong with him. Yup, he's coming to check me out, he's got something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is.
Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything ok
Zimmerman: How long until you get an officer over here?
Dispatcher: Yeah we've got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else.
Zimmerman: Okay. These assholes they always get away.

• Locked thread