Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Oh, so it's even better. He didn't even announce himself. He just stood there blankly staring on the street like an idiot in the dark then threatened an unarmed, likely untreated mentally ill person who was probably terrified that there was someone lurking near her property in the dark. Gotcha. It doesn't take two minutes to mount the stairs and knock on a door, even for somebody goonsized.

poo poo, if he'd done that in some areas he would have gotten shot or shot at.

But... isn't going up to the door to knock how you announce yourself? Or do you live in an area where people are supposed to scream their presence at houses from street level before approaching the front door?

As for 'lurking near her property' his stated reason of making sure the noise complaint seems pretty legit to me, especially if he deals with a fair amount of calls where he finds no actual noise. Granted, I don't know what area he's from but in the area in which I live the Animal Control vehicles are fairly obvious and even in the dark it'd be kind of a stretch to see one and mistake it for like a rape van or something.

Man people get oversensitive in these threads.

khy fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I've lived all over the US at this point and animal control vehicles differ a hell of a lot. And to be honest, if somebody is lurking outside my house at 2am I'm not going to carefully look amongst vehicles parked on the street or in my driveway for somebody official. He never knocked on the door. He never announced who he was. The lady had every right in the world to be freaked out.

Actually the fact that he didn't knock on the door immediately might even be taken as a good thing. Had he arrived and not heard any noise, should he have approached, knocked/rang the bell, woken up the household just to tell them that someone else had complained but he couldn't substantiate the claims so have a nice day? He arrived, assayed the situation, determined the problem was as legit as could be, went to knock/announce himself and got a load of crazy running after him.

If it happens at night a lot of people hesitate when it comes to things like courtesy of waking people up. I could easily see a bit of indecision as to how long to wait to determine the complaint is valid before waking up the household, he couldn't know that his every move from the moment he arrives is being watched like a hawk.

I can't imagine that when the psychobitch decided to approach him he wouldn't have stated he was with animal control. It's not like he grabbed the baton and shouted a warcry the second he saw her, after all - it wasn't until she had "tried to corner me near her backyard" as he put it. I doubt he was just dead silent during the entire exchange.

From how he described it, it probably went something like this. Perhaps OP can confirm or deny?

quote:

:cop: : <waits for 2 minute to establish the noise complaint is valid, approaches front door>

:gonk: : DAT MAH DOAH YOU NEBUH GUNNA WITH CREAM CHEESE WHILE YARGL BARGL WHOOP DE POOP

:cop: : Ma'am, I'm an animal control officer, there's been a noise comp-

:gonk: : YOU GON BE DE RAPEY WOLD TIME IN DOO CAMP! WHUNT YOU BE NAH?

:cop: : Lady, I'm just trying to talk to you about your dogs!

:gonk: : IMMA BUT MY rear end YOU CAP WIT THE DING DONG WHOSEY POSSUM DITTO IN MAH FREEDUMS!

khy fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 2, 2015

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

You don't just assume somebody standing outside your house staring at it at 2 am is a safe and innocent person.

I'm not usually awake scanning the street at 2 AM for possible intruders/rapists/federales. Although thinking about it, I dont have multiple dogs barking at ungodly hours of the night so that could be one reason why.

And it's not like 2 minutes is a long time, oh inconsiderate goon. I would have at least given them five before either grabbing my keys for a psycho attack or (more likely) calling the police. Or pulling out my gun and mowing them down to bleed out in the gutter.

khy fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 2, 2015

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

He was staring at their house. I don't care if you're passing by. If you are staring at my house at 2 am you better have a drat good reason for being out there.

If I have a good reason (Valid noise complaint) and I approach your door to knock are you going to gun me down while I'm still approaching on the walk or would you at least give me the courtesy of being able to reach the door and press the bell/use the knocker before going full psycho on me?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

No you loving moron. If you approach my door and knock I'm going to say "Hi what do you need?" and if you're courteous I will also be courteous. If you threaten me with a baton I will say "what the gently caress is wrong with you" and close the door. If you attack me, then I'm shooting you or stabbing you or whatever I have about to defend myself with.

Maybe I'll have to use a hammer

Well then if you're not a crazy person who overreacts and goes psycho on people before they get a chance to knock/announce themselves why are you trying to defend one?

• Locked thread