Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Most hotel service staff including the bartenders in Hawaii are foreign workers, you'd be hard pressed to get one to hire an American, plus you'll likely have to speak some Japanese to work at any decent hotel.

I know you just signed a lease so you're pretty much stuck in Richmond, but have you thought about moving somewhere cheaper? The Roanoke/New River Valley part of the state has a decent number of jobs and has a fairly low COL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Is it feasible to move in with roommates and sublease your studio apartment to knock down your monthly rent? If you're close to VCU you could probably find roommates really easily.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Pelafina posted:

So... Immediate expenses update: Food and Gas. Yay. I've applied to McDonalds, Lowes, and emailed every restaurant who is on craigslist looking for servers, and I'm also trolling for office jobs but I see nothing that doesn't ask for previous experience in that field. Working on it though. That specific McDonalds said they were hiring, so I'm going to be REALLY dissapointed if I don't get a call back from them... I mean, how low do I gotta be to not get a call back from them of all people?

Keep in mind that job posting "requirements" are actually more of a wishlist. FWIW my first job out of college with zero experience said it required 5 years' experience on the posting, so just apply to everything you're mostly qualified for. The worst that can happen is they say no.

• Locked thread