Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

n8r posted:

Start selling possessions on craigslist.
This. Big time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

imabanana posted:

Drive to the restaurant and ask to speak to the manager about a job.

I don't want to assume my experience applies to everyone, but when I was 18-23 or so I must have waited tables at 10 different places (I bounced around a lot obviously and wasn't a super great employee, although I never got fired from anywhere) and always got a job same day when I went in and spoke to a manager. Worst case they tell you to fill out an application and never call you, but unless the restaurant industry has changed a lot in the last 10 years (and maybe it has, I dunno) you're going to do better in person.
My girlfriend has worked PT at a restaurant for the last few years, and this is how all the employees are hired. Same for some of her coworkers and our various who do/have worked at multiple restaurants over the last decade. (Including to current time, not just a decade ago.)

I definitely agree that going into a restaurant to apply is the way to go.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Why haven't you gotten food stamps months ago? Let's do it today. It has massively saved a few of my friends when they barely could make rent and couldn't afford anything else period.

• Locked thread