Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Lol what goes around I guess spoeank.. Greetings from Chiang mai! Happy holidays yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I love yall, this league is great, and I can't wait to crush it for the next two weeks and win a bunch of money for wheez. Playoffs baby!

And spacejung I don't cheat unless I'm cheated upon, but my vengeance is swift and decisive.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
One of these days I will get money for my charity. I will say IDP has been a lot of fun.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So I was going to ask if we made the switch to a 65/35 split between first and second official or not, but it is a moot point. Spoenk and I both chose to support Wheez with the Southern Poverty Law.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

So I was going to ask if we made the switch to a 65/35 split between first and second official or not, but it is a moot point. Spoenk and I both chose to support Wheez with the Southern Poverty Law.

NOW YOU PLAY FOR PRIDE!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Sataere posted:

No cheating, loser chugs a 4loko on camera?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just a heads up, but I sent out a message on Reddit asking folks that if they won their leagues to consider donating some of the winnings to the charity. Some of them said they're not a fan of the SPLC and asked for an alternative, so I told them if they wanted they could use the link to donate to a local shelter committee that my family is involved with. So any donations with the words SHELTER COMMITTEE in them will be going to that cause.

I figured you guys would be okay with that.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

No cheating, loser chugs a 4loko on camera?

I just lost ODB and McCoy for the finals. Just come out and ask me to chug a 4loko. :v:

EDIT: Tell them if they hate Southern Poverty Law Center, then they hate us! And charity itself! :argh:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The type of person who has a problem with their money going to SPLC is not the type of person who I would want to deal with they forgot to place SHELTER COMMITTEE in their donation notes and won't say anything until after the money has been sent. They will raise hell about it and there will be no reasoning with them. Have fun dealing with that upcoming shitfest.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

jabro posted:

The type of person who has a problem with their money going to SPLC is not the type of person who I would want to deal with they forgot to place SHELTER COMMITTEE in their donation notes and won't say anything until after the money has been sent. They will raise hell about it and there will be no reasoning with them. Have fun dealing with that upcoming shitfest.

Seconded.

P.S. Get 'em Spoe

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

Seconded.

P.S. Get 'em Spoe

I need to remember to proofread. drat mobile posting.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

jabro posted:

While I don't actually care, I kind of agree with jabro.

Also, Spoank, I accept your 4loko challenge. It's all in good fun, just know that if it kills me, you are responsible for taking care of my widowed wife and children.

spacejung, I see how it is now...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My fiancee is not thrilled about the 4loko bet so that means it's a good one.

I will take your children on as fantasy apprentices

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

jabro posted:

"Sorry man, money's already been sent. Hope you enjoyed your free BeerSheets and I look forward to helping next year."

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Added in $15 to get caught up on my cheating $!

Congrats to your charities!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Sataere posted:

While I don't actually care, I kind of agree with jabro.

Also, Spoank, I accept your 4loko challenge. It's all in good fun, just know that if it kills me, you are responsible for taking care of my widowed wife and children.

spacejung, I see how it is now...

YOU'RE COOL TOO I will pray for you both to have 200 pts at two different buddhist temples today we'll see what goes where. Things are going well so far in your corner!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

My fiancee is not thrilled about the 4loko bet so that means it's a good one.

I will take your children on as fantasy apprentices

Just to be clear, the no cheating aspect is just towards the 4loko bet, right? Or are we just not cheating and going straight line up for the final. Because if cheating makes me the champ, I'm cheating. :v:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

Just to be clear, the no cheating aspect is just towards the 4loko bet, right? Or are we just not cheating and going straight line up for the final. Because if cheating makes me the champ, I'm cheating. :v:

We can do the bet as straight up and then allow cheating. I'm good with that.

Doubly so thanks to Amari Cooper.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

For the love of my liver please let there be a stat correction

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Holy poo poo.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

For the love of my liver please let there be a stat correction

I honestly opened up the browser just now to see what the final score was and said "Welp, didn't expect that!"

If it is any consolation, you can cheat your way into an overall victory, which means you just dethroned the champ. However, if chugging that 4loko kills you, I believe the crown reverts back to me. :v:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I can (and will) cheat for the Ultimate Victory but I checked the liquor store on the corner today:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm just sad I didn't somehow pull this off, because I was looking forward to lording it all over the rest of you next season as the two time champ. :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer, added $10 to top off my funds (my $200 from last week didn't get pulled, I should have ~$180 now).

Swap:
Bench DeMarco Murray, Phi RB Wsh L 24-38 12.6
RB Brandon Bolden, NE RB @NYJ L 20-26 8.5
4.1 points

Bench Ameer Abdullah, Det RB SF W 32-17 6.8
FLEX Martavis Bryant, Pit WR @Bal L 17-20 1.5
5.3 points

Bench Dwight Lowery, Ind S @Mia W 18-12 6
DP Telvin Smith*, Jax LB   @NO L 27-38 0
6 points

Total: 15.4 points = $154 dollars.

No wait

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Congrats Spoeank. Now that was a championship round. I won the battle, but you won the war. I hope you carry on my tradition next year of letting people know that when they lose to you, it is because that is what happens when you go up against the champ.

When can we expect the video of your "champagne bath?" :v:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Good times. $4482 raised for SPLC. Great job everyone.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

Congrats Spoeank. Now that was a championship round. I won the battle, but you won the war. I hope you carry on my tradition next year of letting people know that when they lose to you, it is because that is what happens when you go up against the champ.

When can we expect the video of your "champagne bath?" :v:

Once hope is dead for a stat correction, so probably this weekend. It may even be at Levi's Stadium if I do it Sunday.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Once hope is dead for a stat correction, so probably this weekend. It may even be at Levi's Stadium if I do it Sunday.

When do stat corrections normally occur?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

When do stat corrections normally occur?

The latest I've seen is Thursday.

My doom draws near.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I've conceded defeat. I'm buying it today or tomorrow and getting it done this weekend.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Four Look has been chugged death is nigh video forthcoming.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Four Look has been chugged death is nigh video forthcoming.

I love this league. Waiting on the final payment from WePay then I will send the donation.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My idiot friend didn't realize his iPhone was full and insisted on filming it so all there was was me reaching for it.

I cheated a bit, broke it into three 8 oz cups and downed those. It was the only thing I drank in the parking lot at Levi's Stadium and got pretty drat drunk. I currently have a pretty rough stomachache from it.

I would not recommend.

I'm not gonna do another one though so I'll just pay extra into next year and not have it count towards anything :)

Bonus tailgating food shot with empty Loko cups. Grilled lamb skewers:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

While I am sad there is no footage to immortalize your heroic feats, I appreciate that you did it. If kegstands I did in college are any indication, any video of me would've been hilariously embarrassing. Until next year! :cheers:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This is a wonderful tradition that I hope continues into the future.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Spoeank posted:

My idiot friend didn't realize his iPhone was full and insisted on filming it so all there was was me reaching for it.

I cheated a bit, broke it into three 8 oz cups and downed those. It was the only thing I drank in the parking lot at Levi's Stadium and got pretty drat drunk. I currently have a pretty rough stomachache from it.

I would not recommend.

I'm not gonna do another one though so I'll just pay extra into next year and not have it count towards anything :)

Bonus tailgating food shot with empty Loko cups. Grilled lamb skewers:

Oh poo poo. That stuff is alcohol? I thought it was just some lovely monster wannabe. My hat is off to you if I wore hats. You live in norcal and on SA so just use your own fedora if you want.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
This league owned thanks for running it beer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kazak_Hstan posted:

This league owned thanks for running it beer.

Thanks! I am really happy with how everything turned out.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I love how every year, this league has gotten better and better. It really is amazing and by far my favorite league. And I don't even get to pocket anything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Great year everyone.

• Locked thread