Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seebee
Mar 13, 2004
If you still need one more, count me in. I'll figure out the charity here in a bit if you still need one more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Oh, you're right, which means 15 or 16 is the same.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Seebee posted:

If you still need one more, count me in. I'll figure out the charity here in a bit if you still need one more.

WELCOME TO CHARITY THUNDERDOME.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
Christ, and I thought I was scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of drafting 2nd and 3rd string RB's last season. 16 teams? :smithicide:

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

WELCOME TO CHARITY THUNDERDOME.

Hot drat! I'm going to play for Give Directly.

Give Directly - https://www.givedirectly.org) - They give money directly to the extreme poor in Kenya and Uganda with 91% of the money donated actually going to beneficiaries.

From their website:
Traditional ways of giving internationally are complex. Donors typically give to international NGOs that manage money, fundraise, and implement programs through partner organizations abroad which have their own (usually hidden) cost structures. Overall it is hard for donors to tell how their money will be used, what this will cost, and whether there is any evidence that it works.

At GiveDirectly we've created a simpler way: we take money from donors and give it to the poor. We can do this because modern payments technology has drastically cut the costs of sending money directly to the extreme poor, at the same time as new research has shown the powerful effects this has on their lives. At GiveDirectly we see these trends converging to make direct giving the benchmark against which the old, top-down models are evaluated.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Hey, I'm in.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
I'm free most nights after 8PM ET. I've got another draft Aug 29

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Back from the woods for a bit.

Perfect time draft day for me would be between Aug 19-21, otherwise prefer no Sundays.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Here's what I'm thinking for scoring and rosters:

Offense: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1PK
Passing: 0.04 per yard, 4 per TD, -2 per Int, 2 per 2PC
Rushing: 0.1 per yard, 6 per TD, 2 per 2PC
Receiving: 0.5 PPR, 0.1 per yard, 6 per TD, 2 per 2PC

Defense: 2 DB, 2 LB, 2 D FLX
Fumble Recoveries: 2
Forced Fumble: 4
Interception Caught: 6
Pass Defensed: 2
Block Field Goal/Punt/Extra Point: 6
Tackle: 1.5
Tackle Assist: 1
Sacked QB: 4
Stuff: 2
Safety: 10
Int/Fumble Recovered TD: 6
Blocked Field Goal / Punt TD: 6

(From here.)

Miscellaneous
Fumble: -2

Kicking
PAT: 1
PAT Missed: -1
0-39 Yard FG: 3
40-49 Yard FG: 4
50+ Yard FG: 5
0-39 Yard FG Missed: -1

Bench: 8

Cheating
Open bids to determine draft order. Top bidding player gets first choice, second bidder gets second, etc.

Every dollar donated gives $10 FAAB. Minimum $25 buy-in means everyone starts at $250 FAAB.

Before the start of each Thursday night game, players may bid up to $100 from the FAAB to get a 10 point bonus for that week at a cost of $1 per tenth of a point.

After the games are over players may spend funds from their FAAB to swap out starters with high performing players from their bench. The cost of swapping a player out is the difference in points, with every tenth of a point costing $1. These changes must be declared before kickoff of the first game on Thursday. No, you cannot swap a low performing bench player for a high performing starter to add money to your FAAB. You can, however, swap players from your starting lineup to your bench multiple times in order to rearrange the players to maximize your score. In this case you would pay every time the starter was replaced by a bench player who scored more points. Because I can't edit rosters after each week the weekly score will instead be modified by the number of dollars spent.

Thoughts?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Non IDP thoughts - looks good

IDP thoughts:

Do you have any reason for no DL slots? We'll pick up a few in DFlex, but those will be almost universally LB slots. I assume you don't want to have too many additional players to manage so keeping it at 6 additional starters changed LB/DB/DL/DFlex from 2/2/0/2 to either 2/1/1/2 or 1/1/1/3 will add some additional focus back into the DL spot while keeping in line with 6 players and some flex spots. I will say that DL has the highest points discrepancy from top players to bench and making it a DFlex eliminates a lot of that from IDP, but hey, that's what makes fantasy interesting.

Stuff (TFL) and Sack should be 3 each to match the goal of what you linked. The setting they recommend of varying TFL based on if it's a Sack or not is not really supported anywhere. A Sack is almost universally a TFL so we'll be closer to matching that recommendation by making both of them 3.

While I like the idea behind big points for a block or for a safety - those events are so rare they will in no way affect draft order, but could easily make or break a game on a weekly basis. Then again they're going to be great to generate more cheating revenue!

Aredna fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 12, 2015

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think at least one DL should be a mandatory spot.

Also holy gently caress, 16 teams? Do you guys remember how difficult this draft was after the 10th round last year with loving 12 teams!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Sataere posted:

I think at least one DL should be a mandatory spot.

Also holy gently caress, 16 teams? Do you guys remember how difficult this draft was after the 10th round last year with loving 12 teams!

This is going to be amazing - especially with the addition of IDP.

It will probably actually be a bit easier this time around because people are going to treat the IDP slots differently we'll have more "mistakes" depending on how you look at things.

It's going to be a REALLY long time between picks though - even in the middle of a round you've got 16 picks in between if a run starts on something.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 12, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aredna posted:

Non IDP thoughts - looks good

IDP thoughts:

Do you have any reason for no DL slots? We'll pick up a few in DFlex, but those will be almost universally LB slots. I assume you don't want to have too many additional players to manage so keeping it at 6 additional starters changed LB/DB/DL/DFlex from 2/2/0/2 to either 2/1/1/2 or 1/1/1/3 will add some additional focus back into the DL spot while keeping in line with 6 players and some flex spots. I will say that DL has the highest points discrepancy from top players to bench and making it a DFlex eliminates a lot of that from IDP, but hey, that's what makes fantasy interesting.

Stuff (TFL) and Sack should be 3 each to match the goal of what you linked. The setting they recommend of varying TFL based on if it's a Sack or not is not really supported anywhere. A Sack is almost universally a TFL so we'll be closer to matching that recommendation by making both of them 3.

While I like the idea behind big points for a block or for a safety - those events are so rare they will in no way affect draft order, but could easily make or break a game on a weekly basis. Then again they're going to be great to generate more cheating revenue!

2DL/2LB/2FLX was what was suggested earlier in the thread. I'm very flexible on this. If we're worried about going too crazy we can reduce the number of slots, or do whatever you guys want.

The site recommended 4/2 based on a sack being a TFL. Where are you getting 3/3? Wouldn't that make LBs even more important?

How many IDP slots should we have?

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 12, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Current Draft Schedule Issue List
Times are Eastern.

Mo:
Tu: No Before 10 (Azhais)
We: No (RisqueBarber)
Th: No Before 10 (Azhais)
Fr: No (Azhais)
Sa: No Before 7PM (Azhais)
Su: Not Preferred (Smarms)

Good Will Hrunting: Away August 24-28 (Poolside Draft...)
Spoeank: No 8/23, 8/29, 9/3
89: No 8/16 (4:00), 8/22 (1:00), 8/27 (7:30)
Aredna: Morning or Evening US Time Preferred, Between 8PM and Noon, No 8/13, 8/14, 8/17, 8/25
DrPossum: 8/29, After 8PM Preferred
Kazak_Hstan: No Sundays, Preferred 8/19-8/21

Everybody seems to be okay with Mondays, and Kazak_Hstan has a preference for 8/19-8/21 which could work. So let's try this:

OPTION 1: THURSDAY, AUGUST 20, AT 10PM EASTERN TIME

OPTION 2: MONDAY, AUGUST 24, AFTER 8PM EASTERN TIME DISREGARD NOBODY LIKES 2 ANYWAY

OPTION 3: THURSDAY, AUGUST 27, AT 10PM EASTERN TIME

OPTION 4: MONDAY, AUGUST 31, AFTER 8PM EASTERN TIME

Please specify in order of preference which of the above options appeals to you, and also indicate if any of those options are not viable.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 12, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Current Draft Schedule Issue List
Times are Eastern.

Mo:
Tu: No Before 10 (Azhais)
We: No (RisqueBarber)
Th: No Before 10 (Azhais)
Fr: No (Azhais)
Sa: No Before 7PM (Azhais)
Su: Not Preferred (Smarms)

Good Will Hrunting: Away August 24-28 (Poolside Draft...)
Spoeank: No 8/23, 8/29, 9/3
89: No 8/16 (4:00), 8/22 (1:00), 8/27 (7:30)
Aredna: Morning or Evening US Time Preferred, Between 8PM and Noon, No 8/13, 8/14, 8/17, 8/25
DrPossum: 8/29, After 8PM Preferred
Kazak_Hstan: No Sundays, Preferred 8/19-8/21

Everybody seems to be okay with Mondays, and Kazak_Hstan has a preference for 8/19-8/21 which could work. So let's try this:

OPTION 1: THURSDAY, AUGUST 20, AT 10PM EASTERN TIME

OPTION 2: MONDAY, AUGUST 24, AFTER 8PM EASTERN TIME

OPTION 3: THURSDAY, AUGUST 27, AT 10PM EASTERN TIME

OPTION 4: MONDAY, AUGUST 31, AFTER 8PM EASTERN TIME

Please specify in order of preference which of the above options appeals to you, and also indicate if any of those options are not viable.

All are viable options for me, however.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'm cool with whatever on time. I'll make myself available.

I think the scoring you provided will work best. I do think 1 DL slot should be mandatory, if only because it makes it more challenging, but as always, I will adhere to the majority.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

I'd be okay with poolside draft but I'd MUCH prefer to do it the 19-21.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

2DL/2LB/2FLX was what was suggested earlier in the thread. I'm very flexible on this. If we're worried about going too crazy we can reduce the number of slots, or do whatever you guys want.

The site recommended 4/2 based on a sack being a TFL. Where are you getting 3/3? Wouldn't that make LBs even more important?

How many IDP slots should we have?

6 is fine for his year, but I would say make it 1LB/1DB/1DL/3flex to make it most interesting and maximize cheating opportunities. If people are worried that 6 is too many (or too few) let me know how any people want (4min with no DST) and I can do the math on what makes it most interesting from a spreadsheet I have setup currently.

Re: schedule I think I have another draft at time 4 right now, but I'll check and update soon

Main requirement for me is evenings other than tues evening due to living in Tokyo (UTC+9) currently. Sat or Sun mornings in the U.S. Van work fore top, but rarely for those there. As long as the local start time for me is after 7am and before 11pm on weeknights and before 1am on weekend nights I can make it work. Except whatever day I have the other draft already that I'll update asap.

E: ok, 4312 for me, I cannot make 2 at all because I'll be on a plane over the pacific with no wifi. 4 and 3 are tied for me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
With 6/16 of the league responding the top choice seems to be MONDAY, AUGUST 31, AFTER 8PM EASTERN TIME. Keep on voting.

Here is the next iteration. I'm taking Aredna's 3FLX suggestion since it also incorporates the 1 mandatory DL that Sataere is advocating for. Dare we go 3WR with this setup? I've had some good results with 3WR in my other leagues, especially with half PPR. With the bench that's a roster of 24 players. Is that too many for a league a 16?

quote:

Offense: 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1PK

Defense: 1 DB, 1 LB, 1 DL, 3FLX

Miscellaneous

Kicking

Bench: 9

Cheating
Open bids to determine draft order. Top bidding player gets first choice, second bidder gets second, etc.

Every dollar donated gives $10 FAAB. Minimum $25 buy-in means everyone starts at $250 FAAB.

Before the start of each Thursday night game, players may bid up to $100 from the FAAB to get a 10 point bonus for that week at a cost of $1 per tenth of a point.

After the games are over players may spend funds from their FAAB to swap out starters with high performing players from their bench. The cost of swapping a player out is the difference in points, with every tenth of a point costing $1. These changes must be declared before kickoff of the first game on Thursday. No, you cannot swap a low performing bench player for a high performing starter to add money to your FAAB. You can, however, swap players from your starting lineup to your bench multiple times in order to rearrange the players to maximize your score. In this case you would pay every time the starter was replaced by a bench player who scored more points. Because I can't edit rosters after each week the weekly score will instead be modified by the number of dollars spent.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 12, 2015

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
You know better than I do re: another WR, but I would guess that's pretty drat deep... Given the changes at idp we probably have more than enough players for this year.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

but they all work for me right now.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008

3 is possible for me, but will be visiting family and would rather not spend the night sitting in front of the computer for hours. :unsmith:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

3 is my birthday and id prefer to draft sober(somewhat)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I really have no preference and you can even count all of the picks as first choice for me. I'm extremely flexible and can just phone draft if need be. The only reason I placed 3 as my first pick is RisqueBarber will draft drunk and Smarms can ignore his family.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Option 4 still in the lead, as tempting as it is to enforce drunkdrafting and familial abandonment.

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004
3 - Happy birthday

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Can NOT do 3

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

My schedule is clarifying as we get closer. Sat 22 is totally open. 15th and 29th are busy til later as I mentioned.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Can't do 3.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I neglected the fact that I'm flying so can't do 22 or 29 until 8 pm which aren't on the list but I figured I'd mention it.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Draft preference:

Prefer two WR over three in a league this deep, but not ardently so. Everything else looks good.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It seems like our options are either 4 or 1. The majority of people prefer Monday, August 31, after 8PM EST so I'm going to say we shall go for that. Based on feedback we'll go with 2 WRs. I also brought the bench down to 8 players because a roster size of 23 is weird and 10 deep benches seems too much.

:siren: If you have a problem with the setup below please let me know, otherwise this is what we're going with. :siren:

quote:

Draft: Monday, August 31, 8PM EST

Offense: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1PK

Defense: 1 DB, 1 LB, 1 DL, 3FLX

Miscellaneous

Kicking

Bench: 8

Cheating

Open bids out of FAAB to determine draft order. Top bidding player gets first choice, second bidder gets second, etc.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 13, 2015

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Rules and draft time work for me.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Rules and draft time work for me.

Same

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Same

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What is a stuff? A TFL?

If so, same.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Same

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Same