Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I decided to try this out and I'm really confused. Does the for you section actually work? I've gone through it like 4 times adding bands and genres but the only thing that shows up is some weird twitter feed from a single band.

What am I doing wrong here?

Also the curated playlists aren't that great at least for the indie section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

For You will fill out and get better as you hit "love" on songs. What you're seeing is posts from Connect, which no one actually uses anymore.

Well what was the point of having me pick a genre or artists if I need to hit love from another section? I would have thought it was kinda like a pandora like area. Unless I'm missing something here.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok well this is what I see even after selecting artists.

So I guess I'll just go through some curated playlists and like some stuff.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 21, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

It looks like you might have jumped out of the selection process too early. It's been a while, but I think they ask you to do some genres, then some artists, etc., but will actually say when they have enough information.

Oh well poo poo... I'll try it again then I just couldn't think of any more artists off hand so I figured like 10 was enough. I'll give it one more shot. Thanks for the help.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

Not a problem. Apple Music is an extraordinary example of Apple's "you're holding it wrong" arrogance. Every step of it feels odd and counterintuitive, but I'll be damned if I don't use it twice as much as I did Spotify.

Yeah I haven't had a chance to finish it yet but if I was stopping before it could finish you'd think that it would ya know actually say something.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well poo poo thanks for the help I finally got the for me working right and I think this is gonna be right up my alley.

Oh yeah is there a way to love something from the lock screen?

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CaptainCrunch posted:

Hah! Panic at the Disco might be the only artist actually updating their Connect account.

Lol and they update it a loving lot at that. I'm glad I got the for you sorted out. It's working very well now.

• Locked thread