Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

:toxx: 5k of words this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I will drop everything and do science fiction. At least 5k, per the above. Submitted to Clarkseworlde. So shall I :toxx:

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Yeeeah boy. Prompt me and I'll prompt you.

Someone's sense of timing causes a small mistake that prevents a larger one

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Two men are alone on a large boat, but neither can remember how they got there.

You're a right proper fucker for making me work that into a scifi story that, from what I'd come up with so far, was gonna take place on a space colony.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

He said boat, he means boat.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

About 1k but have set aside time to jam out the next 5k and submit.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I'm probably gonna eat the toxx this month. My laptop broke, and that's slashed my writing time totally to shreds.

If this were thunderdome I'd be at your throat.

But it's not, so my sympathies, and I hope you find your way through this time without too much hassle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

That's just for my Long Walk Project, I had about 3k for another thing too.

AFTER ACTION REPORT:

I made heavy use of both Scrivener's tools and pomodoro timing (using http://www.tomighty.org/ which is a good app for that, thanks whoever linked me originally).

I put more (see: any at all) effort into consciously constructing scenes instead of just typing ideas until things seemed like they were good to move on. This really helped me whittle poo poo down to "what am I trying to convey", which has always been a problem, instead of having a lot of meandering trash that never quite reaches a coherent point.

We'll see if Clarkesworld notices my efforts to improve. If not I have one other publication lined up, and then I guess I can toss it on Amazon? What're people's angles for doing for that sort of "make-money-from-this" action these days?

• Locked thread