Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Recently we had a goldmined thread in GBS where some amazing talented cool person was giving out MAD MAX style names to anyone who asked, I decided for fun to sketch out some of the names in the thread, I wanted to do more but the thread got goldmined before I could continue:-

1. LORD KNUCKLES CHAOTIX

2. GENERAL ULTIMUS

3. HELLEN KILLER

4. DORK CHOKEHOLD

5. DEATHS HEAD METAL GEAR

6. OUTLANDISH KEVIN

7. PERDITION JONES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

My favourite of the lot. So cheery and manic. How long did these take you on average? Did you make a sketch layer for the shapes first or do you just dive in?

Thanks man!

There are fast sketches, some of them I dived in, generally I drew a couple of quick gesture lines to figure out the placement/overall pose but then started sketching super on top of that on another later. General Ultimus took the longest just to decide on detals. I'd say on average it would be 20 minutes overall from testing out the ideas to sketching them out, General ultimus being the longest because I didn't know what design to take until a few drafts. These were done in breaks for fun, so I didn't pay attention to cleaning up the lines and kept things loose.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Done while watching a stream, celebrating the successful kickstarting of Shenmue 3

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

bunch of sketches

• Locked thread