Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Not a drawing but instead a photoshop composite of gallery work I have seen since living in L.A.

Click here for really, really big.

Great theme this month. :)

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

60s Twilight Zone marathon is on. No matter how weird real life is.... this is not so bad.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 5, 2015

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Slow going on the oil painting but here is a little more progress.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

I love when the weekly drawing event has a once a month painting session. Longer poses makes it easier to paint. I just wish acrylic didn't tear so much. Oils don't seam to have this problem.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Slow going on this but I am going to blame it on it being my first oil painting. drat, drying time is a bitch. Also didn't realize that liquin would give it a sheen.

VVV Those are uh-maze-ing !! VVV

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 10, 2015

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Life drawing night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

a hole-y ghost posted:

These are incredible!
Don't worry too much, oils dull out as they dry (even with a drying agent it will feel dry to the touch but still keep drying for a year or two)

Thank you. The liquin sheen is kind of obvious in the pic below. It is what is causing the glare. What kind of drying agent are your referring to?

My teacher told me tonight to cover the whole thing in liquin so the sheen is consistent... or cover it in a coat of laquer after it dries for a while. Not sure how long I should wait before using the laquer but I figure just using a liquin coat will be fine for now.

C&C welcome. I really don't like how the dragon isn't casting any kind of shadow but I am not sure where it should go.

• Locked thread