Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

McDowell posted:

You're free to give things that negative spin, sure. But it all happens for a reason.

For what its worth I just wanted to say that this post feels eerily like looking into my own past. I'm just a random rear end in a top hat on the internet and not an expert, but in my opinion you should give some thought to seeking professional help McDowell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

McDowell posted:

Thanks, I do see a shrink and take an SSRI, but I really think there is something to be said about the UFO Two. They weren't brainwashing kids or anything sinister - anyone who really is interested in their information can look into it while it is available online. Everything is a little subculture these days, the contradiction in race war-driven, Trump-voting 'Christians' has to be reconciled with the real message of what the Kingdom of God is and how it has strict requirements for entry. Zapffe's 'Last Messiah' has been somewhat realized. Some people would rather enjoy their 'Holy War' meme.

Yeah so don't take this the wrong way or anything but the exact sort of spaghetti logic you are employing in your response here is the kind of thing that makes me take my recovery (from mental illness) as seriously as if I were an addict recovering from opiate addiction. I used to write gobbeldegook like that all the time. (Some would say I still do, but that is another discussion.) I would suggest here that even though you don't realize it your response here only really makes sense to you, because it references a bunch of internally held ideas that underpin your worldview that you (subconciously) presume are universal to basically everyone. They are in fact not universal and as a result your response is very difficult to parse for anyone who is not you.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm not entirely sure McDowell isn't just trolling here, as this is a post he wrote to me about 3 years ago in the 9-11 truther thread.

McDowell posted:

I flipped through one of Icke's books and it was crazy - lots of stuff about vibrations, holograms, and planes. He also had lots of illustrations by Dees. I'm not surprised they are more tolerable - it seems like Icke is building a narrative for chill types who buy into healing crystals and stuff. Alex Jones sucks up to Icke now and then and it seems like he mainly puts the same narrative into an obnoxious Limbaugh frame.

Thanks for posting, Prester John. It is a shame that if you tried to reason with one of these people they would dismiss you the second you mention being medicated.

• Locked thread