Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I asked it at the rear end end of the last thread so I'll put it in this one.

quote:

I know they've come up before but are there any RPG podcasts preferably of actual play sessions that are at the most PG? I listen to podcasts and audiobooks at work but it's a day care so I can't be listening to a podcast that uses words deemed "inappropriate."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Man you guys are making me want to pick up the 13th Age book because it sounds genuinely interesting. It was goon made wasn't it?

I doubt I will though since it's hard to get people around to play a tabletop RPG and there's already Shadowrun I'm trying to learn.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

You manage to make Arkham Horror last 8 hours? We always end up loving up and losing in like an hour.

We are not good at coop and it becomes every man for himself immediately.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I got the book Godlike for free years ago. It seemed neat and I think it's set during WW2

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Angry nerds are the angriest people. And I love it.

https://youtu.be/plUPJ0inN4c?t=490

Len fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 10, 2015

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

inklesspen posted:

Don't link the escapist.

It popped up in my Google now for Warham Fantasy. Why is it bad?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So apparently Wizards of the Coast bans sex offenders from the DCI. Even if it happened ten years ago. And the guy did time. Unless I'm reading biased articles that seems a little overkill.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Potsticker posted:

That guy got a sweet plea deal so his victim wouldn't have to recount the details at a trial and is completely unrepentant to this day. You're reading biased articles.

But how does that relate to a card game?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lightning Lord posted:

I dunno, because they don't want a rapist to be publicly associated with their card game?

They're cool with a guy who did time for drugs though?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hey if he's unrepentant then sure why not. But I dunno. Seems like a stretch to go "Hey you can't be in our hobby" yet be completely okay with all the other creepy people that play magic. I guess as long as you don't get in trouble for sexually harassing (yes aware that's lower than rape) they don't care that dudes get creepy around women all the time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Gazetteer posted:

First they came for the rapists, and I did not speak out—

... because that was probably a pretty good call and I'd rather not play card games with rapists, thanks.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want to play a card game with a rapist either. But the articles I'd read made it sound like he got busted, did his time, and moved on with his life. They didn't say he was "unrepentant" or make it sound like he was gonna rape again at any time. If he's really still a shitheel then sure kick him from the hobby for 100 years.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lightning Lord posted:

You read lovely articles. He refers to it as "the incident" and if he's sorry for anything, it's that he got caught. He also did 3 months on a work release program out of an eight year sentence, that itself was the result of a plea bargain. They went that route because it was quite obvious his rich family were going to throw expensive lawyers at the victim for the "they were drunk she was asking for it and we're going to stretch this out for months and make her relive it" gambit. Dude's human poo poo.

But all that doesn't matter because Wizards aren't trying to punish him, they're deciding to not associate with a rapist, which is their choice. They're a private corporation, and professional level play exists to promote the game. DCI's function is to protect that promotion.

Alright. Yeah. That makes sense now and I don't blame them. If he at least cared that he'd done something wrong I'd still lean on my "maybe overkill" stance. But I googled around a little more and get why they wouldn't want to deal with him.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FactsAreUseless posted:

You defended a rapist and only changed your mind due to social pressures. You don't think rape is that bad. You think rape should not be a barrier to playing a card game. You think not being allowed to play a card game is too high a price to pay for rape. You are a rape supporter. You support rape.

Yeah no I don't. I know three people who have been raped. I just wasn't aware the guy was acting like it wasn't a big thing or even important. If he had done his full time and was genuinely sorry maybe banning him for 100 years was a stretch. But if he's acting like rape was no worse than punching someone in the face? Yeah ban him from tournaments because Jesus no.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Mikan was basically harassed out of both the industry and the hobby.

Why?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I was looking for a good image of a Beholder for my lockscreen and I found a goofy one I hadn't seen before.

I've seen the one with a Beholder holding an umbrella and floating around a cherry blossom tree. But never that one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So i'm sitting here watching 80's slasher flicks and I'm curious if there's any game that simulates that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

That sounds like a great way to kill an evening. Time to find some reviews and see if it's worth buying.

• Locked thread