Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TehKeen posted:

Hi TG Chat, I've got a question that I ~think~ I've asked before, but now I'm in a position to where I can actually run a game (scheduling-wise):

I'd like to ask y'alls opinions on WW2 settings and which systems work best; I've only really played D&D - various editions - and RIFTS like once in high school - I've heard of and read the GURPS WW2 supplement, heard of Savage Worlds Weird Wars as well as the update to FASA's old Behind Enemy Lines.

Does anyone have experience and recommendations with these or other systems?

Like the others have said, it really depends on what aspect of the war you're focusing on and what level of cinematic vs gritty you're aiming for.

Pulp Action Adventure? stuff like Savage Worlds or FATE would work well.

Gritty War Is Hell where death is just one bad move away or even down just cruel luck? Reskinned Grunt (gritty vietnam RPG) like Lichenstein mentioned

If you want to do one about fighter pilots you could use the Warbirds RPG with its WW2 supplement (Though the selection of planes is limited and might need some homebrewing if you want to feature a certain plane). Alternatively there is Night Witches, an Apocalypse World based game about an all-women Russian Night Bomber Regiment, though that is less about detailed battles and more about dealing with the horrors of war and the unique challenges an all women's military unit faces in a sexist organization like a 1940s military structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its a perfect match, a bad MMO for a bad game. :v:

And yet, probably somehow still better than Dungeons and Dragons (Online).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I know at least two who have commented recently in the GW Deathpool thread, but i can't remember their names offhand.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I suddenly found myself tempted to write a GorkaMorka conversion for Atomic Highway. Only problem (besides :effort:) is Ork games never last long because no one can keep up talking like an Ork, and if youz not gonna talk like an Ork, wutz da point?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Evil Mastermind posted:

The original game had sort-of chargen, where you still had the archetypes but you had to assign points and there were more skills and you picked all your shticks; it was a huge pain in the rear end.

And if people want, there isn't much stopping them from asking their GM "Hey, can I take Schtick X instead of Schtick Y?" or "Hey, can I have this gun instead of that gun?" if they really want to.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Dark Eye, Germany's most popular RPG, is being released in the States.

These are the same guys who have the new Torg license. Looks like they're making a good-sized push into the US market.

Hmmm, isn't that the RPG system Darklands on GoG.com is based on?

Or am I thinking of something else?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Night10194 posted:

It has an SMG that has Full Auto and Fullest Auto settings only. EYE is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtJh_B4jDrY

It is the best SMG ever.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

grassy gnoll posted:

Somebody sell me on Battle Century G, please.

This. Today was payday, convince me to pick up another RPG I'll never get the chance to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

"Is a goon" is no promise of quality (or even finished product) as we have learned in the past. Silly as it might sound, I want someone who isn't the author to sell me on it.

• Locked thread