Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Evil Mastermind posted:

A combination of:

1) Being a poster here (particularly in grognards.txt, although she stopped when FunHaver started).
2) Drawing the ire of a few Noted Industry Douchebags.
3) Trying to make non-traditional, inclusive gaming products.
Well no it wasn't just a few noted industry douchebags. It was everyone in the industry interjecting themselves into a conversation that they shouldn't have talked about. I want to say that Fred Hicks threw a temper tantrum over this issue too but its been so long I don't remember the specifics.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Yawgmoth posted:

You sound like that one guy whose name I forget who put a big dumb screed in his game's core book about how everyone who wants combat rules in their RPG is a monster and a psychopath and how dare you!!! then ends it with "but fine, if you need a murder simulator here you go, but by using these rules you agree that you are a terrible person and everything that is wrong with society."

Yes, "dudes get into a situation and have a plot with something at stake" describes a lot of stories. It describes almost every story, in fact! Because if you don't want conflict, or you don't want events that have something at stake, or you don't want goals that require effort/risk, then what do you want? Slice of Life Anime: the RPG? Because you don't really need a system for that.
Conflict isn't the same thing as stabbing people. Once again conflict isn't the same thing as stabbing people.

• Locked thread