Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I'm not sure of this is the right place, but I've been working on a Fallout game set in London. I've got a ruleset and some setting ideas, but I was wondering if anyone could give some ideas? I'd really appreciate it.

I'm not too familiar with what the 1950s were like in the UK, so I don't know what the equivalent to the 1950s Cold War Futurism -> Attack of the Radioactive Killer Ants + Mad Max that the standard Fallout setting plays off of would be like. I assume that Fallout: London would be something more cramped and oppressive like Judge Dredd than the kind of wide open wastelands and drug addicted techno-barbarians that a normal Fallout game has.

For a UK Fallout game I'd have some sort of Mega-City in London ruled by a warlord tangentally related to the Old World nobility, kind of like Immortan Joe in Fury Road, which is trying to create a Re-United Kingdom through imperialist conquest in the rest of Britain. Something something decolonization, something-something faded empires, something-something Dark Ages Britain. Basically like Caesar's Legion, but cosplaying as a weird combination of medieval knights and redcoats instead of romans. Or you could set it immediately after the Mega-City tentatively reunited Great Britain and the Kingdom is now starting to collapse due to the North Ireland Campaign failing at the same time as the king dying.

Also, you may want to turn your Lockpick skill into a more general Mechanics or Repair skill, since that seems a little constrained compared to the other skills in usefulness. Depending on the scope of the game you may also want to have a Drive skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread