Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm not reading that post and I'm not reading the 4 page OP of your game even though I wanna play 13th age.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Effectronica posted:

Um. Fallout is basically about the 1980s and the death of the idealism of the 1950s. So you'd want to have lots of references to the British 1950s (and sci-fi 50s like Dan Dare) and build around that.

Just ask yourself "What would League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1950 would like"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh yeah Black Dossier forgot about it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

P-Pretend I said American!!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

I don't think this is a shitpost, Queen`Fiona. I think it's much better than anything some others have posted.

As for your question, well, I found all of you through TG...and, well, suffice it to say that I'm much more comfortable talking about...weird things. Like my sexuality. At least with you all. So...thanks. :unsmith:

Let go of restraints, do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fsmhunk posted:

I've learnt through RPG's that grappling is the most complicated thing the human mind has ever conceived of.

It's pretty easy actually my man I've learned all there is to grappling by playing as Zangief and Iron Tager, reading Baki the Grappler, Tough and Teppu and practicing Jiu Jitsu with the lost Gracie sibling, Francisgleyson.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ningyou posted:

Disturb you? No, nononono, dear friend, you misunderstand. You see....my terrible posting is my gift to you, sweet Effectronica, a gift from the bottom of my heart, a gift only one of refined tastes -- one such as yourself -- would be able to properly appreciate.

*licks the screen, tongue lingering and tracing swirls over a Good Post* De~li~cious.

Enough, worm! Your creepy and unsightly way of shitposting insults the heaven and earth! To prevent you from further sullying the land, my fist shall destroy your flesh and contaminate the very bone within! Messatsu!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ettin posted:

Please post less about posting, and do not use the Satsui no Hado on other posters. God bless.

I'm gonna turn into Oni.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

Some of us don't have that option, you realize.

I'm your friend and I'll play the game you want with you.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Please do not insult my good friend, the Fighter.

Thank you FAU. Do you like Swords as well?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You could have made this a Celebrity Jeopardy joke and yet. And yet.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

It was. It was a reverse of the classic Sean Connery s-words/swords mix-up.

I know, I just said it because you could have added a "shuck it up trebek" for more laughs.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't really do impressions.

Your posting isn't impressive either!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's the most fun character everyone has played?

Three way split: Ultra self-centered, ambitious and haughty Abyssal Exalted, Demented Magical Girl on a Pokemon Tabletop Adventure game and stinky hobo Bone Gnawer on Werewolf the Apocalypse.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Been there, done that.

Dark Sun with Eberron Lightning Rails and magical chariots so you can do a Fury Road game

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Just do it!
______/
_____/
____/
___/
__/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bolivian Army comes out of nowhere and a TPK is implied but never shown.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sike!: The Dragon was actually a good entity who kept the Princess imprisoned because she is an evil tyrant and now the PCs hosed up and have to team up with the previous villain in order to beat the new menace.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 5, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/3046/

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Goblinworks' unprecedented Honor System engine.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I will never forgive WoTC for not getting an Eberron videogame with the 4E engine.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Tome of Battle question: I know that the Warblade was intended to be a direct replacement for the Core Fighter, but was the Crusader supposed to replace the Paladin? And was the Swordsage supposed to replace anyone in particular?

I've only gone through two of the disciplines so far, but I don't think anything's going to top Finishing Move and Strike of Perfect Clarity.

Swordsage was supposed to be a Monk substitute as far as I know, it even has an unarmed variation!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I remember that /tg/ thread too.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Their general manager, Alexander Macris, (and possibly other writers) is a Gamergater, and they've engaged in disreputable practices such as plugging Macris' D&D retroclone on The Escapist without disclosing the relationship.

Gaaaaaamerrrrrrrrrrgaaaaaaaate!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Terbus Busker' army of Glomby Garbuses

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Helical Nightmares posted:

Is it just me or are other people finding playing/listening to D&D/d20 combat ... boring and tedious? Every encounter take at least an hour.
:shrug:

Pewdiepie would deffo make a killer RPG podcast.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Len posted:

So apparently Wizards of the Coast bans sex offenders from the DCI. Even if it happened ten years ago. And the guy did time. Unless I'm reading biased articles that seems a little overkill.

Aatrek was convicted and did time on the same period so hell, let's get him back to mod TVIV.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's not like the guy will jump on the table while playing magic, scream "Raep tiem!!!" and brutally cornhole the opposing player after all.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rape Man: Ohhh yeah baby I'm going to tap that...
Me: :stonk:
Rape Man: ... Land card, giving me two blue mana.
Me: *sighs with disappointment*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

goodness posted:

And that should continue the rest of his life in various forms.

This guy wasn't in this case though, he did 3 months? in baby jail.

I don't think a rapist should be jailed alongside babies, fursonally.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

inklesspen posted:

Perhaps we can stop discussing whether DCI should consider "convicted felon" to be a protected category against which it is verboten to discriminate

And resume discussion of elfgames.

Specifically, I'd like to talk about how game and setting designers can construct things to make it more likely the PCs will need to broker a difficult peace between King Ulfbright and the orc tribes instead of taking a commission from King Ulfbright to slay the orc tribes. A good first start is to strip "Always Chaotic Evil" and such language, but I think there's more to be done than that; most elfgame RPGs have more pagecount devoted to waging war than waging peace.

Go write an article complaining there's too much fighting on Witcher 3.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

01011001 posted:

1) Don't use the setting to play D&D or any of the thousand systems that are trying to be D&D

Bwuuuuuuhhh??? Nani Soreeee???!? What in the seven hells?! The TTRPG that evolved from a tactical wargame is more mechanically based on brutally and insanelly hacking people and monsters to death with swords and magic than diplomacy????

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Reene posted:

Discworld Elves would make a fantastic antagonist.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Discworld elves are just the older version of elves.

Mark Rein⋆Hagen and Ethan Skemp like these posts.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mark Rein☆(・ω<)Hagen

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Realistically you just need to make them unrelatable to the PCs. I mean, this takes knowledge of your players, but basic things like having no appreciable (or an abusive and violent) culture

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

I've got to agree here. Sorry Plutonis is being...Plutonis in your chat thread, Queen Fiona.

As for what makes a monster in a D&D setting...aren't there a ton of spells that allow one to talk to plants and animals and extradimensional beasties and stuff? And since all these griffins and the like have to cast spells, don't they get high INT scores to do so? So sapience or INT score or ability to communicate in a language don't seem like they get the desired effect.

I'm gonna make fun of all of those who deny the simple truth that nature is a zero-sum game where every species is out there to slaughter each other unless they enter an alliance of convenience that still has one clear superior being, like humans and pets/cattle. If orcs and elves existed, we would either wipe them all out in a catastrophic genocide war or leave some of them alive to be artificially selected and bred into thralls.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BrainParasite posted:

Please keep your rape fantasies in the Exalted thread. TIA.

Cripes. I meant in how people breed dogs and horses to become more docile and useful.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.animemaru.com/anime-character-ruins-elaborate-dnd-campaign/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

So AD&D 1e just had its third book re-released, I bought nWOD last month, this is coming out and I hear a new Rifts is also a thing?

I'm pretty stoked at being able to play through all these classic games. It's like Trad Games GOG.

The Totalbiscuit recommended tabletop game sale would be dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlxU3AJ6UGk

• Locked thread