Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I'm not sure of this is the right place, but I've been working on a Fallout game set in London. I've got a ruleset and some setting ideas, but I was wondering if anyone could give some ideas? I'd really appreciate it.

Um. Fallout is basically about the 1980s and the death of the idealism of the 1950s. So you'd want to have lots of references to the British 1950s (and sci-fi 50s like Dan Dare) and build around that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Just ask yourself "What would League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1950 would like"

They already published this, mi ami.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

inklesspen posted:

Certainly not anything of the same magnitude as what you posted, but roleplaying helped me figure out that, while I didn't have a lot of strong opinions about the sort of body I was in, I was very cheesed off at how hard it was to try other options.

So, transhumanist RP. Is there any of it that isn't "shooting evil robots in a grim meathook future"?

Mage: the Awakening.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
So there I was, abandoned by my companions in disgust over my habit of drinking palm wine unwatered. Revolutionary war was at a setback. Alone, I faced the Queen of Riddles and her beloved Castellan of Puns. I had a dangerous game to play- go too long as a guest, and I would be a retainer, unable to justly fight them when the war reached this part of the country. Too blatant an assault upon honor, and I would have to fight my way out. I needed a truly heroic defeat that would give me time to get away.

By chance a bookseller came by, and destiny took a hand. In her wares were a PHB, DMG, and module S1. So the next day I asked the queen to define "game". Learnéd as she was, she offered a definition around competition, winning and losing. I then asked if she knew the game that was not a game. So she, intrigued, decided to tackle it head-on and prove its nonexistence.

At last, the party struggled to victory. But in the celebrations, I could see the gears turning. It was well that my habit of drinking unwatered interested her guards, for I danced out with her third-best horse two hours before the hungover chase began, and I told my companions as much.

So that's how D&D saved my life.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ningyou posted:

Effectronica I do not know when you changed your avatar but I am impressed by your ~*~radical honesty~*~.

Davin Valkri posted:

Definitely more up-front than others, that's a plus.

I'm just sad I don't know what I did to disturb you so, because your extremely bad posts justify doing it repeatedly. Meow.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ningyou posted:

Disturb you? No, nononono, dear friend, you misunderstand. You see....my terrible posting is my gift to you, sweet Effectronica, a gift from the bottom of my heart, a gift only one of refined tastes -- one such as yourself -- would be able to properly appreciate.

*licks the screen, tongue lingering and tracing swirls over a Good Post* De~li~cious.

Why don't you take this act to open mic night? It'd be sure to win them over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ningyou posted:

plutonis stop talking

Please warn people before saying things like this, I nearly OD'd from irony poisoning.

• Locked thread